nine

the morning sun landed on her bare skin, making it gleam like the gold sand of her favorite beach in incheon, eurwangni

the morning sun landed on her bare skin, making it gleam like the gold sand of her favorite beach in incheon, eurwangni. they owned a house there, where they would often spend their weekends. to chaeyoung, that house was everything. she loved its large veranda and the windows all around it, where she'd spent the afternoons curling up on the comfortable blue sofa, reading a book and listening to the waves of the sea as they crashed against each-other, racing to reach the shore. she loved the starry nights, where she'd sit on the same couch and admire the velvety dark blue sky and each and every star would gleam brightly from afar. it was those silent summer nights, the soft sea breeze flowing and the stars shimmering that would often make the world around her stop. her thoughts would be the only thing present in her head.

today, however, the only thing present in her head, was the sharp pain that seeped through it in one swift motion, devouring her whole. her eyes snapped open as she let out a small groan, shuffling in her place before closing them again and hoping that the pain would subdue with a little more sleep.

wait. . .

aren't her walls colored a subtle pink shade?

brown orbs coming into view again, she was met with the tan colored wall once again, where a large window sat, the view in front of her completely foreign. brows furrowing in confusion, she looked down, not recognizing the white sheets underneath her.

where am i?

that thought alone made her shot up and look around the room frantically. this definitely wasn't her room. she quickly pulled the sheets off herself, sighing in relief. her clothes were still there - well besides her sweater, but at least that means that nothing happened. . .right? turning her head, the redhead nearly fell out of the bed at the sight in front of her. kim jennie. the hot waitress from chéri. the flirty kim jennie that seduced her last night was. standing. right. there! she seemed to be sound asleep, thankfully, but chaeyoung didn't kow what to think of the whole situation. jennie seemed to be fully clothed, unlike her who was only wearing her bra and jeans. she wondered whether something had happened between the two that had led to this.

of course it has, you dumbass. pretty sure you didn't end up here to braid her hair and read her bedtime stories.

she rolled her eyes at the thoughts before slowly looking around the room. it was a pretty small room with tan colored walls, wooden flooring and a king sized bed. there was a white closet across the bed with a vanity beside it. slowly getting out of bed, she nearly dropped to her knees and had to tightly grip on the windowsill for balance. the headache was stronger now and her whole body felt limp. it was as if she had been hit by the doomtrain. the only memories from last night being the conversation she had with jennie and after that. . .more drinks and then. . .nothing. it was all hazy. as if someone had decided to mess with her mind and erase those memories and like a scratched videotape, the memories from last night were nothing but a black screen.

she looked around the room, spotting her sweater by jennie's side, laying there on the floor as if it had been taken off in a hurry. she slowly made her way towards it, holding onto the closet and then the vanity. her legs were sore and each step was hard to take. in her peripheral vision, she caught sight of her messy cherry red hair. she turned her head, looking at the mess in front of her. her hair was sticking out in all of the possible directions there were, her eyes were red and puffy, the lipstick from last night was completely smudged, but what caused her eyes to widen and her mouth to let out an involuntarily loud gasp were the dark marks all over neck. her fingertips were lightly grazing over the skin of her neck when she heard a voice, which startled her.

"you're awake."

a chuckle was heard afterwards. chaeyoung rose a brow and then turned her head to look at the brunette behind her. she was now laying across the bed, elbow resting against the sheets and face resting against her palm. her cat like eyes gleamed in mischief as she smiled at the girl in front of her, clearly enjoying the view in front of her.

chaeyoung held her breath, staring back at jennie before quickly throwing her arms over her chest. something about the way jennie was staring at her made her feel as if she was completely naked and exposed to her, which resulted into her wanting to cover up.

jennie's smile widened, a brow raising in amusement. "hiding? weren't you the one willing to show me everything last night?"

her cheeks reddened in response to jennie's words. a feeling of deep embarrassment washed all over her and she looked down at the floor, once again, trying to remember a piece of the empty last night's puzzle in her head, but nothing came. she sighed and looked back up at jennie, who was now sitting up on the bed. "look, i don't remember what happened last night, but if i did somethi-"

"that's because you were totally drunk, ariel."

chaeyoung paused, pursing her lips at her words and raising a brow.  "no shit, sherlock." she shot back, slowly walking over towards jennie's side to pick up her sweater. "what i'm trying to ask is - did something happen between the two of us last night?"

"you're welcome, watson." jennie smirked before straightening herself up and following her movements with her eyes. "you really don't remember anything from last night?"

"i wouldn't ask, if i did?" 

chaeyoung reached for the sweater, nearly losing her balance, but managed to hold onto the bed beside her for support. she groaned, her whole head aching as if it were set on fire. she sat down on the bed, beside jennie and put on her sweater.

"guess you really did drink a lot last night," jennie mused from beside her. "don't worry, nothing happened between us. all we did was make out and when things were really starting to get heated, you fell asleep." she chuckled and stretched a little before standing up.

"you're welcome to take a shower while i go prepare breakfast. it's the least i can do." the older offered, standing up and then turning to face her. she placed her arms on chaeyoung's shoulders and leaned in slowly, cat like eyes glinting in mischief, which made her heart practically beat as if it had been running a whole marathon. "kinda disappointed you fell asleep on me last night, ariel. we could have had a lot of fun." she smirked before pulling away and making her way to the door. "oh, and you got a little something over here." she added, referring to the hickeys on her neck, which only made her even more embarrassed.

"shut up!" she hissed after her, but jennie had already left the room, laughing on her way to the kitchen. she let out a frustrated sigh and leaned back onto the bed, feeling her heart beat erratically against her chest. she had never gotten this drunk before nor had she ever managed to score a one night stand before. she wasn't the type to get drunk and sleep around. well, that's what she always told herself. a part of her was always curious to try it out - to have some fun and let loose for once. and it seemed as if jennie and her speech about taking risks had gotten the best of her last night. it was weird, but as the two conversed last night, she could feel herself falling deeper to jennie's charm. and maybe, there was more to jennie kim than meets the eye.