five

"but your nametag-" chaeyoung begin, but jennie beat her to it, a gentle smile caressing her features

"but your nametag-" chaeyoung begin, but jennie beat her to it, a gentle smile caressing her features. "irene's. . .my friend. she called in sick, but her boss told her she'd be fired if she didn't show up, so i showed up in her place." she answered, pursing her lips slightly as she glanced back at the front counter, where amongst the other workers, an older man could be seen, observing everyone as they worked.

"oh, i see."

"enjoy your meal." jennie said, before turning around and beginning to walk towards a new costumer that had arrived.

chaeyoung watched her, trying to refrain herself from asking her about the other day she had seen her. she didn't know this girl, so why was she so eager to be all up in her business?

ever since she was little, she had always wanted to help people. she had always wanted to help them, both emotionally and mentally, because mental health and care is something that is neglected quite often nowadays.

people tend to judge those who open up about their mental illnesses, but i guess you can't really blame them, since there are certain people who like to fake it just for the attention. some even tend to take it too far.

hpd(histrionic personality disorder), as chaeyoung recalled from the last semester, was a disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions. in simple words, these types of people, were the ones who often took faking it too far.

chaeyoung couldn't imagine consoling and comforting a friend continuously, only to find out they were faking it the whole time. many people would've cut that one person out of their lives, but being the angel she is, chaeyoung would try her best to help them with it.

chaeyoung, flush that empathy down the toilet. some people don't deserve it, lisa would often tell her.

but chaeyoung wouldn't listen.

and that's probably why she got hurt so easily - being naive, helpful and opening herself up to others, showing her vulnerable side. . .

chaeyoung didn't know how long she had been in the café for, but by the time she had finished her dessert and her coffee, it was already dark out. the artificial white lights shone over her head, causing her to slump over her desk. the café was quiet by now, the only noises heard were the soft conversations exchanged by the staff and the gentle pitter patter of the rain.

staring at her notes for what felt like an eternity, she started noticing how heavy her eyelids felt and with each blink, it was harder and harder for her to keep her eyes open. her muscles completely relaxed and her head began lolling slowly. soon enough, the rain lulled her to sleep and all she saw was darkness.

____________
a/n: short chapter, but the next one will be more worth it.