seven

the red moon pub seemed to be awfully crowded

the red moon pub seemed to be awfully crowded. it was dark inside, different colored lights fawning upon their heads and the different black silhouettes on the dance floor. the music was so loud, to the point everything around them was shaking. lana smiled, taking off her coat and revealing the flattering blue dress she changed into before leaving. meanwhile there was chaeyoung with her white cropped sweater and jeans. she anxiously looked around her once they reached the black marbled counter, behind which a very attractive bartender stood.

"nice to see you again," he smiled charmingly at the girls, running his hand through his hair before his dark orbs made contact with chaeyoung. "who's the new girl?"

"that's chaeyoung." lana introduced her and chaeyoung gave a small smile, feeling a bit intimidated. all of this was completely new to her, she had never visited a pub before, not even when her and lisa would have their so called 'girls'-night-out'.

she saw jennie leaned over and whispered something to bartender with a small smirk, pulling away afterwards and shooting him a glare.

the handsome young man just laughed, putting his hands up defensively. "whoa there, alright, i'll lay off." he chuckled. "the usual?"

lana nodded.

"and what about your friend?" he asked, looking over at chaeyoung.

"oh, um, i don't. . ." chaeyoung hesitantly looked at the drinks behind the man. she didn't drink. the only times she drank would have to be family gatherings or special occasions, but even then, she would barely finish a glass.

she felt a pair of eyes on her and turning her head, she noticed jennie was looking at her.

"chaeyoung doesn't drink." lana guessed, based on the silence chaeyoung gave.

"yeah." chaeyoung answered and gave off a shy smile, tucking a strand of her red silk-like hair behind her ear.

"should i make something light? a cocktail?" the bartender suggested.

"a strawberry daiquiri, jimin." she heard jennie respond, feeling her eyes on her.

chaeyoung caught her bottom lip between her teeth, deciding to stay silent. she looked around the pub once more - all the different colored lights as they whirled around in chaos, following the beat of the song that was playing, all of the men and women on the dance floor as they moved their bodies to the rhythm. . .she felt enthralled by it all. first time at the pub, reuntined with her closest friend from high school and the hot waitress from chéri.

is this a dream?

"your drinks are ready, my ladies." jimin winked at them, placing the glasses in front of them.

chaeyoung looked at the drink in front of her. in a simple cocktail glass, rested the thick bright red colored liquid, a slice of lime resting on its rim. she hesitantly reached for it and brought it to her nose to sniff it at first. it smelled strongly of strawberries and lime with a tinge of alcohol. her lips made contact with the rim of the glass and she took a small sip, the taste of strawberry citrus exploding in her mouth, followed by the sweet and subtle aftertaste the alcohol left.

"is it good?" lana asked her with a small smile.

chaeyoung only nodded in response, eyes landing on jennie, who was taking off her black leather jacket, revealing the fishnet shirt she was wearing under the black tube top, which displayed her curves perfectly. she caught a quick glimpse of tattoo ink somewhere on her back before jennie turned around and walked towards her, which made her quickly look up and meet her onyx orbs. the intensity those eyes held, made her take a step back, but there wasn't anywhere she could escape to, the counter was right behind her. the lights on top of their heads cast shadows down her eyes, nose and jaw and all she could do was gawk at the beauty of the young woman in front of her. a weird sensation bust in her stomach as jennie kept getting closer and closer, her heart thumping faster and harder with each step jennie took.

feeling jennie's hands resting on the counter behind her and on either side of her, made her realize she was now trapped. jennie's face was right in front of her and she could feel her heart beat loudly in her chest while her breathing heavied.

"like what you see?" she heard jennie's slightly raspy voice ask, lips pressed up against her ear.

chaeyoung felt her breath hitch, legs suddenly made of jelly and she had to hold onto the counter for support or else she'd collapse at this point.

jennie slowly pulled away from her ear, looking into her eyes with such intensity before sending her a small smirk. she stepped away and chaeyoung gasped for air, unaware of the fact that she had been holding her breath this entire time.

god, what was happening to her? she had never reacted so intensely towards anyone before, no matter how attractive they might've been in her eyes. she had to take a seat. her cheeks were burning, her whole body was on fire and her stomach kept churning up. she sat down on one of the high stools by the counter and picked up her drink, hoping it would help calm her down in some way.
__________
a/n: alright, i thought i'd update since i've been feeling pretty inspired to continue this book. tbh the plot was supposed to be completely different and angsty, but i guess i'll use that for another book ;)

how are you all doing today?

also, how are you liking the writing style of this book? i've mentioned a lot of times that it's pretty different compared to attention and fragile hearts. i feel like i've improved a lot since then.

lots of love,
bluebusan.