fourteen

chaeyoung had always liked rain

chaeyoung had always liked rain. she liked staring at the pencil gray sky outside her window and admire the patches of white that adorned it. she liked staring down at the busy streets, full of colorful umbrellas and cars. she liked hearing the soft pitter patter of it as it hit her windows and enjoyed staring at the rain drops slide against the glass. it eased her to know that the sky cried too at times, because at the end of the day, we all have our weak moments and we break. no matter how much we try to hold it all in, there's a time when we break.

she stared at the tall buildings, chewing on her lower lip thoughtfully. she preferred to think and reflect on everything that had happened in her life until now, during such days, for she always found peace in them. making herself comfortable on her windowsill, she rested her head against the cold glass, watching the rain drops taint her window and race each-other.

it was silent for awhile, until her phone vibrated from a sudden text message she got.

jichu: what are you doing today, pasta?

me: nothing.

jichu: great, because i'm on my way! i'll be there in 10, so get dressed, because we're going out.

chaeyoung's brows furrowed as she read her friend's text. moving away from the window, she walked around her apartment, quickly typing a reply back.

me: why?

jichu: because i'm lonely. you haven't been hanging out with me in so long, chaeng and i need someone to keep me company :c

me: it's raining. . .

jichu: i'm driving😎

me: where are we even going to go?

jichu: chéri, of course. we're going to get a drink and talk. why?

her heart nearly leaped out of her chest upon reading the name of the café where she met jennie. what if the two met up again, this time with jisoo being there?

she hadn't told jisoo anything regarding her crazy night two weeks ago and she still didn't know if she should. jisoo was a close friend, but she didn't really cross her mind as someone who she could tell everything to. on the contrary, jisoo always told her everything and often asked her for advice. maybe it was because she was very sociable, compared to chaeyoung and didn't have the longing fear of judgment for revealing herself to others. jisoo was quite the carefree and laid-back type. she easily befriended people with her sweet smile, hung out with them a lot and was constantly on social media.

jisoo seemed to have the perfect life. her grades were perfect, her friendship circle was wide enough and she already had her life figured out. compared to jisoo, chaeyoung was the opposite. she was an introvert and didn't really like socializing. she preferred staying at home most of the time, curled up in the sheets while reading a book. she didn't have a lot of friends and social media wasn't her thing. she was on her second year of psychology, starting her third soon and still had no idea where her life was going. she had no idea what the future held for her and every time she tried to imagine a future, there wasn't one.