ten.

"how's school?" boyoung asked as they ate. jongdae swallowed the food in his mouth.

"it's been fine. you know my friend, yixing?" jongdae asked his mom. she nodded.

"of course, the one who's dating junmyeon," boyoung said. jongdae nodded.

"well, he's in university now," jongdae told her, "but it's alright because they're still together and he still hangs out with us."

"and baekhyun? has he found a boyfriend yet?" boyoung asked, listening to her son fill her in on everything she had missed.

"he's been messing around with this guy from the robotics club, park chanyeol," jongdae said, "and yeah, he's handsome."

"robotics club? he must be smart," boyoung commented. jongdae nodded.

"yeah, he is. i think it's a step forward for baekhyun. that quarterback he was with treated him like shit, and chanyeol is a nice guy," jongdae said, "so i'm happy that he's moved on. i think they'll start dating soon, especially since they've been hanging out so much during this christmas break."

"that's great?" boyoung nodded, "and do baek and myeon know about you and your neighbor?"

"yeah," jongdae nodded, "baekhyun is all for it, but junmyeon is a bit reluctant. he doesn't want me getting hurt and all."

"i get that," boyoung nodded, eating her steak, "just don't get hurt, then."

"i know," jongdae nodded, "it's just lust, mum, i'm not gonna go around falling in love."

"that's what i said about your father," boyoung said in a sing-song voice. jongdae winced.

"ew, mum, too much information," jongdae said. boyoung laughed a little.

"i'm just saying. it started as no strings attached and now look. we've been married for eighteen years and we have a sixteen year old son," boyoung told her son, "so really, be careful. and if you're gonna fall in love, make sure you're not the only one who did."

"okay, mum, i'll be careful," jongdae agreed.

"good. how's your schoolwork been?" boyoung asked him.

"i've got all A's," jongdae said, fist-bumping his mother.

"attaboy," she nodded, the waiter coming around with the wine she requested.

"would this suit your liking, madame?"

"yes, perfect," she nodded, looking to her son, "you've drank before, right?"

"mhmm," jongdae nodded. boyoung pointed to his glass, the waiter filling it a little less than halfway.

"thank you," jongdae told the waiter. he just bowed in return, placing the bottle in a bucket of ice at the end of the table.

"how's the lobster?" boyoung asked jongdae.

"it's yummy," jongdae nodded, putting some of it onto his mum's plate.

"try the steak, it's great," boyoung told jongdae. jongdae took the piece she cut for him, humming at the taste.

"i like it," jongdae nodded, putting his fork down, "i'm full."

boyoung nodded, sipping from the wine.

"oh, it's nice," she said. he tried it, taking in a small sip.

"ah, goes well with the lobster," jongdae commented.

"alright, are you done?" boyoung asked jongdae.