thirty-six.

minseok woke up to kris dumping a glass of water on him. it wasn't a good way to wake up.

"what the fuck, man?" minseok sat up, startled.

"it's morning. get up," kris told him, wearing an impressive suit, "i managed to get soyeon to sign the divorce papers, but you'll have to be in court in a few days so it can get finalized."

everything from yesterday came crashing down on him all at once. sehun, his wife, him wanting a divorce, him leaving. he let out a deep breath. a part of him was hurting, but a larger part of him was relieved.

"okay, thanks, kris," minseok nodded. he slowly got up from his bed. he checked his watch. five thirty in the morning.

"what the fuck?" minseok asked.

"do you seriously want there to be daylight when we go there, with soyeon next door?" kris asked. minseok opened his mouth but then closed it.

"alright, you're right," minseok nodded, changing into some acceptable clothes so that he wouldn't look like such a mess, "i ought to thank that sehun guy, huh? without him, i wouldn't have had the balls to leave her."

"yeah, you owe him big time," kris nodded, fixing the collar of his suit, "and are you talking about oh sehun?"

"yeah, why?"

"that's my little cousin," kris said, frowning, "i thought he had a crush on someone named jongdae, too- oh, fuck. oh god, my little cousin is a saint."

"what're you going on about?" minseok asked him, frowning cluelessly.

"kim jongdae? son of actor kim woobin and fashion designer kim boyoung?" kris asked, eyes wide, "is that the kid you fell in love with?"

"yeah, why?" minseok asked. kris shook his head, keeping it to himself.

"nothing, man, nothing," kris said, "just a bit surprised, is all."

"you're being weird," minseok rolled his eyes, "so do i look alright?"

"yeah, but go fix your hair and brush your teeth... i gotta call someone real quick," kris said. minseok nodded, leaving to the bathroom. when he locked the door, kris pulled his phone out and quickly called his cousin.

"kris hyung, why the fuck are you calling me at five thirty in the morning?" sehun grumbled, answering almost immediately, "did something happen?"

"dude..." kris said, "you're a saint, you know that?"

"what're you going on about?" sehun asked.

"why?" kris shook his head, "just why? you had every right to swoop in and have him fall in love with you? why would you help him get back together with minseok when you like him?"

"i- i couldn't bear to see him cry," sehun whispered, now knowing why kris called him, "you can't tell them, hyung. promise me."

"why?" kris asked.

"because... because i don't want them to pity me," sehun said quietly, sounding like he was about to break down, "don't them, hyung, you promise?"

"yeah, kid, i promise," kris said sadly, "sehun, i'm sorry."

"don't pity me, hyung. i knew what i was doing when i did it. i had a chance there with him, and i knew what i was doing when i gave it minseok."

sehun hung up, leaving kris to stand there in shock about what a good guy sehun really was. minseok walked out of the bathroom.

"you done on the phone?" minseok asked him. kris blinked, nodding as he pocketed it.

"minseok, you better not fuck it up with this one," kris told him, "this guy better be your husband one day, or else i swear to god i'm going to put you six feet under."

"he will be," minseok nodded, smiling since he knew it was the truth, "i'm not gonna let go of him, kris. i'm gonna marry him one day."

"good. let's go, then," kris said, clearing his throat, then mumbling to himself, "sehun deserves the fucking world, so if you fuck this up with jongdae i swear i will castrate you."

"what was that?" minseok asked him as he put on his jacket, "didn't hear that last part, you mumbled."

"just reminding myself that i need to go grocery shopping later."

the two left to kris's car. kris kept silent as minseok drove to his neighborhood, pulling in front of jongdae's house.

"is that his car?" kris asked, pointing to a car besides them.

"no, he doesn't have one," minseok frowned, "don't know who that is. maybe his friend sehun's."

"no, sehun doesn't have a car either," kris said, getting out of the car, "maybe he has someone over. come on."

they walked to the front door, minseok taking a deep breath as he knocked on the door. they heard footsteps, and then the door slightly opened.

"i know kung fu!" a voice exclaimed as a warning, "if you're a robber, i will wushu your ass!"

"what kind of robber knocks? who're you?" minseok asked. the door opened a little more, revealing a tall guy with eye bags. he looked like a panda.

"i'm tao. who are you?" the guy frowned at minseok.

"i'm minseok- ouch, what the fuck?!" minseok exclaimed, holding his cheek. tao had punched him. kris laughed, staring at minseok.

"you hurt my cousin," tao frowned, stepping out of the house, "you should go."

"let me talk to him," minseok sighed, "please."

"no, you're married," tao shook his head, "plus, i don't like you since you made him cry."

"i'm leaving my wife."

"what?" tao asked, eyes widening, "wait, really?"

"yeah, he is. i'm his divorce attorney, kris wu," kris said, holding his hand out. tao shook it.

"huang zitao. jongdae's cousin. uh... sorry for punching you, then," tao said to minseok, shaking kris's hand.

"eh, he deserved it," kris nodded, "so can he go talk to jongdae now?"

"yeah, gimme a sec," tao said, stepping back into the house and closing the door. kris and minseok just waited.

"damn, he punches like a boss," minseok said, holding his cheek.

"he's cute," kris commented, "nice ass."

"he punched me," minseok deadpanned. kris shrugged.

"still has a nice ass."

tao opened the door again.

"okay. he's up now," tao said, holding car keys in his hand, "i'm gonna go home but if he calls me and tells me to kill you, i will do it."

"charming," minseok said, walking into the house. tao closed the door behind him, glancing to kris.

"how old are you?" kris asked him.

"eighteen," tao responded, standing tall. kris liked that. he never really found short guys attractive- kissing them was always a hassle. kris smirked as he blatantly checked tao out, raising an eyebrow.

"would you like to join me for breakfast?"