thirty-five.

"soyeon, what happened to us?"

"what do you mean? minseok, you're acting weird," soyeon laughed nervously. she wasn't used to seeing minseok cry. minseok wasn't a crier- he never did, not even during the saddest movies.

"don't play dumb," minseok shook head, eyes closing as tears fell at an alarmingly fast pace, "where did we go wrong?"

"minseok, i don't know what's going on with you, but stop," soyeon told him. minseok shook his head some more. this relationship wasn't right for him- it was toxic, abusive, and he didn't have a clue how he ended up this way. they were happy once.

"no. when did you stop loving me?" minseok asked her, "when did we stop loving each other?"

"would you quit your crying-"

"we need to divorce," minseok told her. soyeon's eyes widened as she realized the seriousness of the situation.

"minseok, don't," soyeon shook her head, "don't do this to us."

"i didn't," minseok wiped his eyes, steadying himself, "you did this to us."

"minseok," soyeon whispered, "you can't do this. you can't."

"and yet here we are," minseok said, head falling into his hands, "i can't with you anymore, soyeon- the men you come back smelling like, the hickeys that you don't even bother to hide. i won't lie, i'm not innocent either, but i just can't ignore this anymore."

"are you drunk or something?" soyeon asked, "you've never talked like this before."

"soyeon, i'm just so sick of us," minseok shook his head, "this needs to end- you know it as well as i do."

"you can't divorce me, minseok," soyeon began to cry, "don't do this to us, please-"

"stop," minseok shook his head continuously, close to sobs, "stop acting like you love me."

"half- half of this is mine," soyeon said. minseok stopped crying. that's what she wanted.

"you signed a prenuptial agreement," minseok said, soyeon's face falling, "i've said it before- everything is mine. but i'll be nice. you can take all of the furniture- hell, keep the house. i'll give it to you."

minseok got up from his chair, "keep everything but the ring, soyeon."

"no- no, this is mine," soyeon shook her head, "you bought this for me."

"no, i bought it for the person i was going to marry. you're not that person anymore," minseok said, grabbing her wrist gently and pulling it off of her finger before she could stop him, "i'll... i'll send over divorce documents."

"where are you going?!" she yelled at him. minseok went to the bedroom, grabbing a bag and throwing all of his clothes in it. he moved past her, but she blocked the door.

"where are you going?" she asked him again.

"anywhere but here," minseok said, "soyeon, move from the door."

"i'll do anything you want- the boyfriends, i'll drop them, just don't do this," soyeon begged. minseok closed his eyes.

"i don't love you anymore."

minseok went out from the back door, soyeon screaming at him the entire way. he went to his car, threw his bag in, and just started driving. he wasn't sure where he was going, but he ended up in front of a hotel. he called his friend, kris, since he was a divorce lawyer and he could help him.

minseok got a room, asking a hotel employee to keep his presence hidden from anyone except his lawyer. they nodded in understanding, seeing the tear stains on his cheeks. he waited patiently in his room until then, sighing in relief when kris walked in.

"minseok, what happened?" he asked, sitting down on the bed in front of him.

"i need you to represent me," minseok swallowed to the lump in his throat, "i want a divorce."

"really?" kris asked, shocked. he knew how much marriage meant to him- his mother was left by his father, and because of that he promised himself that he would only ever get married once.

"yeah," minseok nodded, placing the ring on the bed, "could you get rid of this for me? pawn it or something, help cover the expense."

"yeah, i will," kris nodded, taking the ring and putting it in his pocket, "you wanna explain what happened?"

minseok didn't know where to start- he sobbed as he explained how it started off with a kiss from his neighbor, and it somehow turned into him leaving his wife for jongdae, and how he wants soyeon to keep the house and the furniture, how he just wanted a clean start. kris was shocked.

"you... you fell in love with a sixteen year old boy?"

"yeah," minseok nodded, wiping his tears.

"okay, okay.... it's alright, stop crying," kris told him, "i'll take care of the divorce, alright? it'll be clean, it's not like you both have any kids or anything like that."

"thanks, kris," minseok told him. kris nodded.

"yeah, no problem. you should go to sleep, yeah? it's been a long day for you," kris told him, "tomorrow you should go see jongdae, it seems like you haven't told him that you picked him and that isn't something you do over text."

"okay, yeah," minseok said. he was tired, so fucking tired.

"after that we can go house hunting," kris said, "i'm not going to let you become one of those divorcees who end up bouncing place to place. go to sleep- i'll call you tomorrow. later, minseok."

"bye, kris," minseok nodded, giving kris a bro hug, "thanks for not judging."

"oh, i'm judging like hell, i just figured you didn't want to hear that right now- honestly, who the hell falls in love with a sixteen year old while they're married? no no, scratch that, what twenty-seven year old falls in love with a sixteen year old to begin with? honestly, hyung, control your horny ass, he's a minor."

"shut up, asshole."