Chapter 7:Are you ready for it?

Hello my furry critters! Sorry for the delay. I got caught up in school work so I could not write earlier. But it's summer now so I will be around more often. Happy reading, correct me if I made any mistakes and most importantly, DO NOT POST SPOILERS!! Thanks.              

   What do you do when life gives you stones instead of gems? Do what I did. You simply suck it up! For fuck sake, I am face to face with a supernatural more powerful than I am and I cannot even raise a finger to protect myself. I tactically examined Gynx looking for any possible attack opportunities. At jujitsu class, our instructor explained to us that we should always study our adversary's strengths and weaknesses. Then again, I absolutely hated him, so after that statement, I left the class. "What do you want?", I growled at him. He smirked." All I want is power. Greatness. Might! You can help me get those things if you become my misthioshe told me. 

"What the hell is a misthios?", Felix asked. "Greek for mercenary", Leila added. Gynx turned and glared at Leila."Did I permit you to speak, daughter of Marie?" Her jaw dropped open. " How did you kn..." "Silence!", Gynx yelled with a voice which made my skin crawl. I touched my wound. It had closed up and healed completely. Something in my mind whispered to me:"Quick, he's not reading your thoughts and the weight has been lifted. It's now or never", it cried out. "Speak to when spoken to, you wench!" As Gynx turned to face me I ducked and delivered a strong jab to his groin. He yelped and the so called 'weight' was lifted from my two companions. Felix drew his sword and charged. Gynx was still dazed, giving Felix the advantage to land some devastating hits before he finally regained his composure and started defending himself . 

Leila lobbed rocks at Gynx. I chuckled as I shifted. Was that the best she got?  My question was immediately answered when I saw Leila shift to a wolf with white fur. I had already shifted at that time so together we charged at the sorcerer. He had regained his composure and he was using his sword as a mace. Felix dodged the first two swings but the third hit him square in the face. He dropped to the ground unconscious and to my greatest surprise, I could not see any blood. Maybe internal bleeding. I whipped my head forward to see Leila biting  into Gynx's thigh.  Blood flowed like a fountain. Gynx yelped and before he could deliver a counter attack, I lunged for him and toppled him over. I scratched and bit him till I was covered in his blood.   When we were done with him, he looked like he was mauled by two giant grizzly bears. I was about to shift back when the weight  returned and this time it came with pains. I cried out in agony. I used the last of my will power to look at Gynx. By the gods, he was healed! Leila, as quick as lightning lunged for Gynx but he vanished. He appeared behind her in a second and he kicked Leila's back so hard that I could swear that I heard her spine crack. She let out an earth shaking howl and collapsed. "Leila!" The weight suddenly disappeared. I felt power and anger coursing through my veins like the venom of a viper. For a week I have been hunted by my own kind. I have been ambushed, knocked out severally and now some son of a bitch was about to kill my friend? I could not take it anymore. I growled menacingly as I shifted  into something terrifying . Gynx gasped as he faced me. He turned white and began to tremble. "What in the name of..." Before he could finish his sentence, he was halfway in my jaws.

Hello once again. How did you like the story? Hope you enjoyed it. I know most of you expected Gynx to be all powerful. Well I'm sorry to say but he is not. Remember to leave your suggestions in the comments area. Correct me if you sight any mistakes and please do not post spoilers. A thousand thanks to you all who are supporting me through your votes. Write you soon my critters!