Chapter 18: Villainous Encounter.

"That is biologically impossible. Even though your vampire half gives you accelerated healing, there would still be a huge strain on you and judging from your stance and the way you are speaking, your in perfect health", Helix stated.

Gynx was pacing around; the situation was really troubling him. Suddenly, he lurched forward and he almost fell on his face. Scarlet flushed across his cheeks when he finally regained his composure. "Ahem, mind you I am not epileptic."

"There is a possibility, of course. If a certain powerful being dies, he or she could choose to give up eternal peace in the afterlife and transfer their essence to any person that they choose."

"This gifts the host with certain abilities,skills or in rare cases genetic traits." After what he said, Gynx looked up to the heavens, obviously deep in thought. The quietness was short lived when the god burst out laughing for no reason.

"Ah, I remember, in the year 1990, when one of my old buds transferred his essence into an adult magazine so he could engage in his lewd desires and grope all those sexy gir..." Tai used a finger to shush him and was even threatening to gag him if he spewed out more nonsense from his mouth.

When he finally promised to give Tai free, infinite rations and a new iPhone if he spoke of perverted things again, he finally let the Gynx go. "As I was saying(he took a sharp glance at Tai to see whether he was going to attack), this magic is only practiced by great mages and creatures with extreme magical powers."

"But be cautioned, if your essence is not compatible with the host, your essence will slowly fade and disappear. This phenomenon is called the second death.." "Hold it grandpa, can this shit be reversed?" Mia asked, interrupting Gynx rudely. "I'm afraid it can't. This is the reason most covens forbid this practice", Gynx said, his voice sending a message of finality.

"Well in Hay's case, what essence or who's essence is he carrying?" Joe inquired. This guy had giant eye bags on his both eyes and his tiredness was made evident when each time he took a breath, he yawned. I felt for the demigod. Maybe having a godly father was harder than I thought.

"The only werewolves capable of carrying out that spell in the past belonged to the Lupa pack, the very first werewolf pack. Their alpha was blessed by the elder gods, making him as strong as their children. He went around killing monsters and growing stronger.The alpha went off the grid and has not been heard of till this day. Rumor has it that he became a prisoner to Mephistopheles, which is an obvious lie because a wolf like him would rather die than bow to anyone."

"But another rumor was that the great Lycaon passed his essence on to a certain bloodline, in order for him to make up for his great loss. If this one is true, Hayden Cinders(it's Sanders, you moron!), you are the last of the Lupa pack, and also the last of the Lycaon bloodline, since all his sires were wiped out in the Battle of Dominance, a war which brought about the balance between the Vamps and the Weres."

By the Gynx was done with his history talk, we were all gawking at him. How could he know this much? As if he read our minds, he replied: "Well, I have lived for more than an aeon and for three centuries, I was trapped in the Kentaur's Library , a place containing all the scrolls written from years back till date." He finished his speech with a smile knowing that he just blew our minds. A strained but gentle snore was coming from right behind us. We all turned to see the sassy, sharp-mouthed Mia sleeping like a kitten. Because of this Gynx instructed all of us to go back to our guild location with the aid of his portal. Joe carried Mia with us since no one wanted to and he was the first to loose in our rock, paper, scissors match.