Chapter 19:The Catch.

The harsh sun rays that pierced through the glass succeeded in waking me up from my slumber. The room smelt of candles that most likely related to the happenings of the previous day. My belongings were in a corner of the small purple enclosure so I vamp-sprinted over to get them. By the time on my phone it was already 2:00PM! I don't even get to rest that long at the Elysium. Which brings us to the question: where exactly was I?

Going out of the room, I was met with a pair of familiar green eyes and a robe. "Oh, your awake!" "Be nice, you moron."  I knew she was startled but I could not tell the reason why. Maybe she probably expected me to still be in bed. "Come on, it's time for me to properly introduce myself. My name is Lily Hong, I'm a peculiar and I hail from Taiwan." Well that was a first. I had heard of different supernaturals and monsters. Harpies, fairies, demons, cyclopes, vampires and werewolves. Throughout my study on supernaturals in school, I never came across a 'peculiar'.

According to her  just like there were animal shifters, there were also people who could turn to any animal they pleased. Some rare ones(she said she fell into this category) could shift into mythical creatures and demons. She also said she found me lying in the woods and my skin was pale. I was what you would prefer to call 'half dead'.

She carried me back to her abode and tried to drain the black magic from my body with needles but we all know how that went. I apologized for putting her through so much stress and I also thanked her for her hospitality. "It was nothing really", the young woman said.

"How did you master that art of healing?" I took a bite from the muffin on my plate. "Well, being born as a peculiar also means you have extreme magic abilities and potential. But in my case, due to one of my parents being human, my DNA changed slightly." She explained that some of her magical powers are suppressed. Then how did she learn healing so quickly?

Noticing my curiosity, she answered: "I subjected myself to intense cultivation and I read all the books on healing I could find in Kentaur's library( if that was the case, she read every book on medicine ever known to man!)." With the last gulp of my orange juice, I was done with breakfast. I thanked her and got my stuff from the purple room. I was just about to leave the mysterious place when a deep, guttural growl froze me in my tracks.

I turned to see a seven foot tall figure with jade green eyes and red fur. It had short ears and its teeth were razor sharp. It was about the same size of my beast transformation and this scared me a bit. "Just where do you think your going?" Well I didn't think about that. I smiled sheepishly and murmured 'home'. The creature growled. "I know your secret, Hayden Cinders. 

Your a fugitive and this is King Faginus' territory. There is a huge bounty on your head. If I present your corpse to him, he would be pleased ", the creature hissed . "Are you afraid of a peculiar? Don't disgrace me, you have a piece of me in you! Show her who's boss."