Chapter 25: The Hermit.

"Master.." "I know. Thanks for the reminder." Being woken up was one of the worst experiences. Especially if you had a long day and wanted to get some shut eye. In order not to wake Lily, I slowly got up from the bed and left the room. I needed a run and a drink.

The sun was slowly creeping out by the time I was done. Birds were now singing their early morning song. Everything looked so lovely. "Don't be deceived by the Trance." The Trance? "What the hell does that mean, old one?"

"The Trance is a cover of reality. The Greeks call it the Mist. It bends reality to however the user sees fit. Only a few people can manipulate the mist aside from a few gods. And only one in a million people can see through it."

"I'm guessing you fall into that category, eh?" A rumble went through my mind and suddenly my vision yellowed a bit. "You know I never disappoint." That was when I saw it. The surrounding was scanty, dead trees were clinging on to the last of their dried up roots.

The bustling street was actually just a few downcast people walking around. This was more like a rehab facility not a village. The buildings were the same but every other thing was altered by the Trance. This power was truly terrifying.

I ran all the way back to the hotel, eager to tell my comrades the news. "Yo, Lily. Wake up", I said through pants and gasps. Her jade orbs slowly opened. "Ugh! What's the rush?", She groaned.

I sat down and explained everything to her. "So your telling me that this is a complete and utter sham?", she asked surprised. "Apart from the buildings, every other thing is altered. Like that!", I said pointing at a tree.

"That tree has no fruits. The Trance makes it look like it is fruitful but it's actually not. It's dried up even." "So how do you know all this. Can you see through the spell?", She asked.

I nodded in reply. "And how is that? Don't even try weaseling your way out by saying something like 'I'm a special snowflake!'", she pouted. I laughed at her comment.

"Am I not?" "Pfft! Your more like a freak. Anyway should I tell her or do you want to?" Before I could protest, I lost control of my body. "It has been quite a while since I assumed a human form."

Lily looked like she was going to go bonkers by any minute. "What? What the hell is this?", She asked. "Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Lycaon the Great Beast. First werewolf to exist. And Hayden's second wolf."

"That's not possible. A normal person can only have one wolf spirit", Lily stuttered. "Don't tell me you think your boyfriend is normal. I am the reason that he could summon all those wolves. Or how he got out of so much fights unscathed. Even all the history he feeds you all is from me!"

"So your the presence that took over him yesterday?" I felt my head shake. "No. That is something that even I cannot control or comprehend. If you don't believe me, stare into my eyes and tell me what you see." Lily inched close enough to get a good view at my eyes. Then she gasped.

"Is all that your past? I felt my head nod again. "Bits of it. I lost a battle against Mephisto and I was taking hostage. I decided to transfer my soul into a certain bloodline, hoping to continue the fight."

"So where is Hayden now?", Lily asked. "Oh, he is down here telling me to get out of his body. I should leave now. And peculiar? Don't accept your brother's offer." With that, I regained control of my body.

"Damn it old one, if you try that kind of stunt again, I would kick you out!", I yelled in annoyance. Meanwhile, Lily's expression was that of surprise and shock. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. Are you okay?"