Chapter 12:Venom.

Hi fuzzy fledglings! How are y'all doing! It has been awhile since I updated this book. I apologize for the delay. Anyway, I hope you love this chapter. Happy reading! 

As Queen Octavia lunged, time slowed. I surprisingly dodged the attack by side stepping her and evading the dangerous movement of her daggers.. She was surprised at my athleticism so she froze for a moment. That gave me an opportunity to strike back. I swung my fist as hard as I could at her windpipe. A sickening crack echoed through the room. I cringed. "What the fuck, did I just shatt.."She cut me of with a tongue twisting kiss. Now I know what your thinking, it is quite dumb to engage in shit like this especially at this time and with the enemy.

But it felt really good. Honestly, I did not want her to stop. What the hell was she doing to me? My question was immediately answered when suddenly, I couldn't feel my legs. My body became paralysed instantly. Then the pain started kicking in. Dread dominated my instincts. She was slowly but surely killing me with a poison kissI tried to pull away but she deepened the kiss. My vision started to blur. What a way to die, by making out with poisoned lips. Then she finally dropped me. 

I coughed out some of the poison that I was force fed. She looked at me and laughed cynically. "I bid you an unsafe journey to the land of the dead. Farewell to you, you rabid animal!" Oh, she was ont to talk! She raised one of her daggers high above my head. I closed my eyes and accepted my fate. My eyes were closed for what seemed like hours. Why the heck was she  not stabbing me? 

I slowly open my eyes and I immediately turn away. Even a blind man will reject an offer for his sight to be restored if he saw something like this. I regret opening my eyes because what I saw was an eyesore. Merida was pummeling Queen Octavia with a brass knuckled fist. Wowie! Who knew a chick could hit that hard? There was green blood everywhere and, wait was that spit! Merida hit her again and again till her body went limp. She removed the brass knuckles, cleaned them and put them in a holster. She extended her right hand to me so she could help me up. I grateful took it. "Thanks for the save. I would not have made it without y.. I blacked out before I could finish thanking her.

 I woke up with a head splitting headache(why do I always wake up like this!). Merida was sitting on the bed I was on. She looked very worried. She turned to me and discovered I was awake. Her previous look vanished and what replaced was a delighted smile. "Your awake. The poison is out of your system. Praise the gods!" I itched my head. "How long have I been out?" She stroked my hair. "For like three hours." 

Ooh, someone was getting touchy. I heaved a great sigh. "I should really be careful from now on." She chuckled. "You could say that again." I stood up to leave. "Um, I'm going to see the other mercs. "I'll join you", she answered quickly. I'm sure you will. This girl was sticking to me liked heated up mouldy cheese. What if she was also working with the forces of darkness? I pushed the thought aside ."Lets dip." We walked around the abode for what seemed liked hours until we finally stumbled across two people. They were in a heated make out session. The boy was desperately trying to put his tongue down the girl's throat. I did not need a reminder of what happened three hours ago. We watched them in awe till it started to feel weird and disgusting. I almost threw up in my mouth!

I cleared my throat and they immediately pushed each other away. Then they turned and glared at us. The red headed girl spoke at once. "There's this new thing, it's called respecting people's privacy." I scoffed. "There is also something called getting a room, numbskulls!" Merida shot the girl a look. The long eared boy finally spoke up. "Look, better leave while you still can. We are notorious for dealing with assholes." I chuckled. Well your in luck cause I happen to share that personality!

I chuckled to myself. "Look, we accept your challenge but we are just here to know you guys. I'm Hayden and she is Merida." The girl began to laugh. "We know her alright. Last time I remember, her name was Mateless," she said nudging the boy who was already laughing. I was confused. "What do you mean?" Merida sighed. "These are Phil and Chloe. They arrived here before you and your friends did." They walked away still laughing  hysterically. I still did not understand the reason why they  were laughing at Merida. "Why were they.." I don't wanna talk about it okay!" I was taking aback by her sudden outburst. She noticed this and her demeanor softened. 

"I'm sorry for that. The reason why those nimrods were laughing at me is that I'm a werewolf." I was shocked and even more confused. "But isn't that a cool thing?" She sighed. "All werewolves are supposed to have a person made specially for them by the moon goddess. They are called mates. I have one now but at that time I did not know who it was. Almost all the werewolves around here have mates. I was the odd one out until like a hours ago. I immediately understood. "So who is this lucky guy?"She looked at me and smiled. "Hayden, that 'lucky guy' is you."

Don't go anywhere, the chapter isn't over. 😨#suspense.

Unknown P.O.V:
Twenty  seconds... I am being conveyed away in a stretcher. The guards are not aware that the I'm still very much alive. I kept my mouth shut. Soon they will dig a hole and dump my body in it. I needed to think fast. Ten seconds... I could not think straight. I had no choice but to depend on my instinct and jump out in the next five seconds. Five, four, three, two, one! I rolled from the stretcher with speed and landed on the ground with a small thud. 

My conveyors drew their swords and advanced towards me. The first guard charged towards me with great speed. I rolled out of his way and pulled his leg. He hit the ground hard and passed out. I was so focused on fending off this guard that I forgot that there was another one. I felt his sword slice through my arm. I swallowed the scream in my throat for if I screamed, I would have alerted more guards. He was going for another stab but I grabbed his dagger that was in his sheath and hit him on the head with its hilt. He fell to the ground, unconscious. I stood up and I used the last of my willpower to run into the forest. When I was out of  sight, I shifted and continued my journey. When I arrived at my destination, it was almost sunrise. My wound was now bleeding profusely and I  fainted. Hopefully, someone would find me. Hopefully...

Wow! I definitely did not see that coming. And who do you think this mystery person is! Keep reading to watch how things unfold. Remember that other readers absolutely hate spoilers. Pls don't be a nimrod and flaunt the order given previously. Remember also to
write comments and pls correct me politely if you sight any mistakes. Thanks for your support!

TEA_GOD

PS: Remember to vote. Thanks!