Chapter 10:Gods Among Us.

Hello fuzzy fledglings! Hope you enjoyed the last chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter. Pls don't post spoilers, it irritates the other readers. Thanks to you all once again for viewing this book. Happy reading

TEA_GOD☕

We walked with Sigyron for hours. The sun was already setting but the environment was still hot. I was feeling very uncomfortable. My combat outfit was not making matters any better. I felt like taking it off but I restrained myself.

We finally stopped at a chasm. Even with my enhanced sight, I could not see the bottom. I took a glance at Sigyron. He was grinning like a toothless fox.

A wave of dread hit me. "Oh no, do not tell me we are going to take a nose dive into that chasm." Sigyron laughed. "I'm afraid so." Without warning, he jumped into the air and took and dove into the abyss.

I looked at Leila. Her face was expressionless, filled with determination. Without acknowledging me, she jumped straight into the endless darkness.

I looked at Felix. "Don't tell me you are going to be so foolish. For all we know, they might have died from that fall." His face suddenly changed. What replaced the happy face of my best friend was a terrified face. "I can't jump, I'm scared of heights."

I immediately relaxed knowing that someone else was also in my predicament. "Well that makes two of u.." "Just kidding", Felix quickly added and before I could utter another word, he took a nose dive into the dark abyss.

"Felix, if I make it down, I'm going to have your head on a fucking spike!", I screamed down. How did I fall for one of his silly tricks again! I am totally fucked. There is no way I'm jumping into oblivion. Well, I started to have second thoughts when I heard a growl coming from the the rocks just a few feet from me. I looked closely and to my horror something was emerging from the shadows! Screw you death, I'm outta here. 

I closed my eyes and dived head first into the abyss. I looked up just in time to see flames shooting out and consuming the spot were I had just been. Good thing I jumped earl.. Suddenly, I was submerged under water. I held my breath as I looked around, scanning the area. I sighted a white light coming from a cave in the water. I should check that out. I swam towards the direction of the light. It looked close but it was unbelievably far from me; I realised this when I had already begun swimming.

When I was a few metres from the cave, I was almost out of air. I'm almost there, if I could just reach out.. Water began to enter my lungs my vision began to darken but that did not deter me from trying to enter the light. I swam as hard as I could and I entered the light just in time for me to pass out of exhaustion. The last thing I saw before I passed out was a golden throne and someone peering down at me from it.

I woke up without a headache, surprisingly. My hair was still a little bit soaked from my swimming encounter. I was about to stand up  and shout at the world for being such a bitch when Sigyron appeared in front of me.

"Welcome to the Elysium, boy. Tis' great you made it here without drowning", he said with a friendly smile. Good thing I didn't die on my way, thank you for abandoning me on on a ledge! These are the words I wanted to say but I decided to choose my words wisely. His scent was inviting, it also radiated dominance and power.

Sigyron tugged at my hand, making me rise from where I sat. "C'mon, the other gods want to meet you. Without warning, he teleported me to a grand room. Its walls were golden and they made rays of sunlight bounce off them. There were also various fountains spewing crystal clear water. This place is awesome. Wasn't this the place I fainted? I recognized the golden throne but where was the person? I turned around and to my greatest surprise, I saw eight people, elegantly dressed, sitting on various thrones. I recognized the face of the man sitting in the middle.

He was the same man that peered down at me just before I blacked out. He was wearing a white toga with golden sandals. He had a golden wreath on his head. By his side were other people who were dressed slightly different. Anxiety washed over me. What the hell should I say? "Um, hi." The man at the extreme right scoffed. He was dark in complexion. He was probably an African god. "You stand before our Lord Lucius and I, the great Amadioha of Igbo land(I knew it!), and all you can say is hi?" 

The man in the middle which I assumed was Lucius turned to face Amadioha. "Calm down, he is just a kid." Amadioha's expression noticeably softened. "I apologize for lashing out at you, it is against our traditional practice not to show respect." I shrugged. "I'm sorry for being disrespectful."

Lucius cleared his throat and finally spoke. "As you already know, you are at the abode of the gods. I'm Lucius, the king of the gods." The African god stood up to speak."I am Amadioha, the great god of thunder."He hit his large bronze spear on the ground twice and sat down on his throne once more. A very  beautiful lady endowed with green, sparkly clothes stood up and spoke. "I am Jade, queen of the gods and wife to Lucius."  A lady wearing Gothic clothes and make up stood up. "I'm Maldovera, the goddess of evil thoughts and lost hopes." Something about that lady or goddess gave me the creeps. An old man stood from his light blue throne and spoke. "I'm the lord of the seas, Aquiron." 

A lady stood up and spoke."I'm the goddess of sorcery, Gyna is my name." She was so identical to someone I had met before. I couldn't just put my finger around it.. Gynx! I felt my heart drop into my boots. I took a wild guess. "Are you in anyway related to.." She interrupted me with a loud laugh. "As a matter of fact I am. I also know you are the cause of my brother's present predicament. But I do not hold any grudges though. The guy just never learns! He is very insolent and sometimes, he chooses to pick on other supernaturals. Precise, Gynx is an immortal; his body will just regenerate back to its original state."

Sigyron flew in on his red carpet. "I'm Sigyron, lord of the skies and magic carpets." He gave me a nod and flew out of the room. Lucius cleared his throat and spoke up. "We are the major gods. As you travel this vast world of ours, you might still find other gods around. "For now, you and your friends will live here." Wait, was that an order or a show of hospitality? "A war is coming and we are selecting supernaturals to fight alongside us. I looked at him in shock. Definitely an order. "But I'm not a mercenary!", I cried. In a flash, his face was inches from mine. I almost swallowed my tongue out of shock. He chuckled lightly. "Do not worry, you will be."

Wow, things are about to happen!What do you think of the gods?Why does Hayden get creeped out by Maldovera? Leave your comments and suggestions in the comment box. Pls remember to vote for me. The more the votes, the more the chapters. Write you later;

TEA_GOD