Chapter 23: Obsessions and Confessions.

Warning: This chapter will contain some steam(*wink *wink😉😉) Read at your own risk.

The atmosphere was intense;heck the air was literally choking me. And I don't just mean the smell of cyclops pits and cheesy feet. I could smell the fear of my comrades. Apart from Helix though, the dude was literally fear itself. I didn't blame them for being scared. It was not everyday you see a bunch of menacing cyclops trying to use your body frame as a toothpick.

If only the cyclops were a tad bit smaller..."There is no time to lament Sanders! This creatures are going to retaliate soon!" But what could I do? All this was so sudden; we were still in the stage of training! "Two words Hayden: Buy time." "Alright guys, things aren't looking good. I'm gonna distract them while you cook up something to get us out of here.

"Absolutely not Hayden! Wherever you go, I go! We are connected, remember?", Lily said with a scowl. "Lily it's.." Before I could finish my sentence, Lily pushed me out of the way and my face was coated by a red liquid.

It took me two sharp breaths to realise what had just happened. Lily had taken a spear to the chest for me. "Lily!", I cried out. I laid her down on the ground, clueless on what to do. I felt a heart wrenching pain flow through me. Lily was dying. "Tell me what to do", I said with tears flowing down my cheeks. She took my hands in hers and gave me a pained smile. " There is nothing to be done Hay."

"I never got the opportunity to actually tell you Hay. Since the day I found you in the forest till now, I have always.." And with that, she breathed no more. This was actually it. Lily was dead. Lily was dead. Lily was dead. I slowly stood up from the ground, my mind no longer my own.

"Go.", I growled. Unfortunately, the three guilds did not seem to get the message. "I said go back to the Elysium. I will be back with the Oasis in a few weeks. Don't wait for me!" My hand shot out a ball of black mist. It whizzed past my comrades and landed on a wall.

I did not know how it was possible but I somehow managed to create a portal with dark magic. I was not in the mood for a victory dance. Rather, I was in the mood for murder. When my team had disappeared through the portal, I turned to face my enemies. "Ugh! Are you done canoodling? I was gonna throw up!", Otis whined.

The other cyclops laughed and grunted loudly. "You know Govind, that was anticlimactic! The best part of a kill is the thrill it grants but you neglected that and just ran the girl through", Otis said with a smirk revealing his incomplete set of yellow teeth.

"Since you sent your friends off and chose to be the lamb of slaughter, so be it. Otis, go have some fun with him for a while so we can bring him to the Queen later!", Dahlia said. The big one stepped forward and ran straight at me. I closed my eyes and the last thoughts I felt go through my partially sane mind was death to all cyclops.

Time slowed as the brute brought his club down attempting to crush my shoulder. My right hand shot out of nowhere and stopped it from clobbering me. I couldn't believe my eyes;I had stopped a full frontal assault from a giant creature.

Not showing any signs of surprise, I ripped the club from the brute's grasp and swung it at his jaw. The sickening crack of his jaw brought satisfaction to me. The menace did not even have enough time to yell before I used the club to break open his thick skull. He immediately slumped, dead as a doornail.