seventeen

'it's a bit strange to see him so vulnerable... cute, but strange.' calum mumbled to michael as they sat in michael's room, watching from afar as luke played with some toys he had brought from his bin and ashton interacted with him. it was clear to both calum and michael that ashton was enjoying having someone else around who wasn't dominant, as most of his friends had been before luke. while he wasn't a little himself, but ashton did partake in things that were deemed "childish" and he was really glad to have someone to share that love with.

'it is, but it's good to see him happy. he's like, never been so happy about things before. granted, he has many moments where he's not.' michael smiled when he saw ashton playfully tickling luke, the little laying on the floor unable to contain his laughter.

calum looked at his phone and his eyes widened, quickly alerting ashton that they needed to go.

'everything alright?' michael asked and luke wandered over, upset that ashton had to leave so suddenly. he sat next to michael and waited for calum to answer, somewhat curious as to what he was going to say. (mostly, he just wanted to know why his best friend had to leave him).

'um, so ash and i live with my mother. she isn't exactly... well, she's not accepting of my classification and her curfew changes a lot. basically, she needs me home now.' ashton pouted and went to grab his coat.

'i could bring him home later. i know they were enjoying each other's company.' calum looked at the begging look on his boyfriend's face, caving almost immediately.

'have him home by 7,' he stated, looking over at ashton who was smiling brightly, 'you better behave for michael because your punishments are a lot different than luke's. understand?' ashton nodded and quickly hugged calum, making the older one tense up a bit before relaxing into it.

'ashy! mikey buyed me toys before so we can play with those!' luke bounced as he spoke, quickly grabbing ashton's hand and dragging him along.

michael looked up at calum, who was obviously distressed.

'i'm sorry, cal.' calum just nodded as he grabbed his coat and left for the night.

michael walked into luke's room, watching from the door as both ashton and luke played. it was clear that ashton was a very childish submissive, so he wasn't sure how he and calum even got along. calum wasn't the greatest with kids, but he and ashton seemed to get along quite well.

'ashton, can you help luke get ready for dinner. my mum made lasagna.' ashton looked up from his and luke's lego castle to nod before standing from the ground.

'i'm sure if you asked, calum would get you some toys.' michael spoke as ashton walked by, also giving luke a little pat on the bum as he followed after ashton to the bathroom to wash up.

michael made his way to the kitchen where his parents were, his mother placing the food on the table and his father sitting at the table.

'um, ashton is staying for dinner tonight, if that's okay?' he asked, to which his father nodded. karen shot him a confused look, to which he replied,

'calum is sorting some stuff out, i offered to let him stay and i'd drive him home.'

michael had told his parents everything about his life for as long as he could do things without them otherwise knowing. he never felt that he needed to hide thing from them, and his friends relationships were one of them.

'is he okay? should calum have stayed the night as well?' michael shrugged, turning around when he heard luke and ashton walk in. he noticed the shy look on ashton's face as luke wandered to take his seat at the table; next to where michael typically sat.

'i think he's fine. ash, you can sit next to luke and i'll sit next to you.' he noticed the look of aggravation on luke's face and he would have ignored it, that is if luke hadn't burst into tears.

'w-wanna sit next t'ou! loves ashy, but want mikey!' michael parents were a bit confused by the outburst, and ashton looked a little shaken as he quickly moved seats.

'lu, baby, it's just for tonight so that if i need to get up-'

'n-no! wanna sit with you!' luke cried, kicking his legs against the table legs. ashton stood up and nervously motioned for michael to sit down.

'ashton, it's okay. he needs to understand that he can't get what he wants all the time.' luke cried and tried reaching out for michael, to which he was ignored. eventually, he calmed down and ate his food, head rested lazily in the palm of his hand.

michael looked over when he noticed the boy was especially quiet (where he had been sniffling and whimpering for a while) and noticed the boy dozing off. he smiled lightly and looked quickly at the time, noting that it was 6:30 and that he would need to get ashton and luke ready to bring ashton to calum's.

'ash, go grab your things and i'll worry about luke.' ashton nodded and thanked michael's parents for the meal before scampering off to michael's room.

michael finished eating and put his, ashton's, and luke's plates in the sink (after scraping off the remains of luke's unfinished meal). he sat down in the seat next to luke and coaxed the boy out of his dreamy trance-like state. michael could tell that the boy was clearly out of it, but he also wasn't comfortable leaving luke alone with his parents while he was little.

'bed?' luke mumbled, reaching out to michael to hold him. once luke was safely in michael's arms, he walked into the living room and sat the boy down on the couch. he ignored the boy for a moment to grab his and luke's shoes.

'not yet, bunny. we gotta go drop of ashton, and then when we get home we'll take a bath and then it's bedtime.' luke nodded and rubbed his eyes, watching as michael slipped his shoes on.

'sorry for yellin' at table, mikey. no do it 'gain.' michael looked up and ruffled luke's hair.

'thank you, bunny, i'm sure you'll try harder to listen next time.' luke nodded before awaiting his punishment. he was unsure of how michael was going to do it, but michael never even brought it up, and luke would be stupid if he brought it up, so neither spoke of a punishment as they drove ashton home.