twenty - three

when luke wakes, he's on a small couch in a dark room. jacob is gone and the only sound he hears is the sound of shuffling feet outside the door. he assumes it's other kids like him, but the uncertainity of it all scares him a bit.

'are you awake?' luke sits up and tries adjusting to the dim room, noticing a figure standing before him. he cowers back and whines, unsure of who it is.

'hey, it's okay. it's ms. fleming. i just wanted to move you to the holding room. we're gonna have to keep you here tonight.' luke whimpered as he stood up, shying away from the doctor.

luke walked along with the woman, hearing the sound of people laughing and talking together. he sped up a bit to see what all the noise was, quickly seeing that there were four other kids in the room he was to be staying in.

'luke, this is where you'll be staying until we can get you into a home. go introduce yourself, someone will bring you some things you might need soon' tears filled luke's eyes as he quickly raced over to the blue bean bag chairs that were in the corner. he just wanted michael.

luke watched as the others were either sleeping or playing and it scared him, their ability to be open with each other. tears spilled over and he just wished he had his stuffed animals and he wished michael would come and calm him down.

'hi, i'm amelia, but you can call me lia! what's your name?' luke looked up to see a young girl smiling at him. he didn't understand how she could be happy at all, he felt awful.

'i'm lu-luke. mikey calls me lu sometimes, i guess. jakey too.' luke wiped his eyes, a small smile on his face. he quite liked amelia.

'oh, i'll call you lulu, i like it! is that okay? i hope so. oh! lulu, you should come play dressup with us, you can be a knight and you can save me from the tower! just like the movies!' luke nodded and allowed the girl to pull him to his feet and dress him for the occasion.

-

night came pretty quickly, and a worker came to give luke some clothes to change into for bed. he had started to get nervous again, not wanting to sleep here. he didn't really know anyone, besides amelia now, but he really wanted to be with jacob now. at least then it was just the two of them.

'lights out, good night.' a worker shut the lights off, the dark immediately engulfing the room. luke froze as tears filled his eyes. he could already hear the room getting quieter as the other littles fell asleep. he just wanted someone to cuddle with him and help him sleep. he didn't even have bun bun with him anymore. he thinks he left it at michael's, but he was worried that michael had been reassigned. what if michael gave the stuffed animal to his new little? what if michael loved his new little more?

'tryin' to sleep, be quiet lulu!' someone yelled, not amelia, and luke put a hand over his mouth as he cried, finding it far too difficult to fall asleep.

[ short because i feel bad for never uploading. also i refuse to end this book on a sad note so i will be sure to make it nice and happy. idk, i feel the need to tell y'all lmaoo ]