nineteen

'get in the car.' michael demanded as he got into the driver's side, making sure luke got in the back and not the passanger side. luke shrunk a little as he got in, curious and petrified of what was happening.

'do you know why you're in trouble with me, mister?' luke whimpered and shook his head, feeling his throat tighten and his eyes water. he didn't want to be little but michael's tone was making him want to be small. michael huffed before speaking.

'when someone is talking to you, it is not polite to walk away. especially if it's me.' luke nodded, looking down at his hands as michael drove. he could practically feel michael's eyes staring at him, but he couldn't find the courage to look up and check. so he didn't.

when they arrived to michael's house, michael got out of the car and helped luke out, trying his hardest to ignore the tears and pouting lips of his baby.

'go on up to the room, you're going to sit up there for five minutes.' it was a simply punishment, but michael knew luke was teetering on the brink of his littlespace and anything more might shove him into it. luke nodded and wiped his eyes, rushing to their bedroom.

the front door opened and his mother walked in, greeting him quickly before moving toward the main hallway.

'mum, luke's supposed to be in my room in time-out. can you just make sure he's there for me?' karen agreed and was soon disappearing down the hallway. he could hear luke's muffled words to himself (and maybe karen) but he seemed to be taking his punishment well.

five minutes passed in a breeze, leaving michael to retrieve the boy from his room. when he walked in, luke was lying on the floor with heavy eyelids, staring at his tiny pile of freshly cleaned littlespace clothes with a stuffed animal he had placed on top. luke hadn't noticed him yet, so michael took this opportunity to see what luke really did when he was alone in littlespace.

he was silent for the most part (probably his exhaustion), mumbling little things about his day to his stuffed animal.

'made mikey mad, hope he still likes me, cause i didn't mean to, and i ate a sandwich for lunch, super good. wish i could take you with me.' luke spoke, his words become softer and more mumbled as he fell asleep.

'lu, come on let's go take a quick nap, then homework. i'll tell calum to come over another day.' luke spun around and nodded, rubbing his eyes as he stood up and hugged michael.

'tired' luke muttered, closing his eyes. michael chuckled at the boy, lying him down on the bed. he slowly pulled off the boy's t-shirt and let him scoot up toward the top of the bed.

'still nervous.' luke whispered, letting his lips move slowly as he blinked up at michael. the caregiver furrowed his eyebrows, unsure of what he was talking about. 'nervous about what?'

'bein' little, not wanna be e'barrass' luke mumbled tiredly, head dropping into the pillow further, his body sleepily drifting off, leaving michael to think about what to do about his insecure baby.