eighteen

'mike, can i borrow your hoodie, it's freezing in here.' luke was shivering as the pair walked through the hallways of their school. michael hadn't really taken notice to the cold temperature of their school as he had been wearing a hoodie and a jacket when they left the house, advising luke to do the same but only getting, 'i'll be fine' as an answer from the blond.

'i told you to bring my jacket, my mum said she'll take us shopping soon. you should have listened.' michael responded, causing luke to frown. 'i didn't realize it was going to be this cold.'

michael sighed and shrugged off his jacket, handing it to luke to hold while he took off his hoodie, revealing a light grey t-shirt underneath. they switched off items and luke smiled as he put on the hoodie that smelled like his favorite person. he could tell that michael was a bit irritated, so he reached out to hold his hand and squeezed it lightly.

'you're the best, michael, you know that?' michael smiled softly and stopped so he could kiss luke. both boys grinned as they made their way to their respective classes. 

-

'can we go to the park with calum and ashton after school?' luke asked at the lunch table, resting his head on michael's shoulder. he looked exhausted but trying to keep himself together. michael kissed his forehead and smiled as the blond's eyes slipped shut for a moment.

'i think it would be better if we just went home after school? maybe they can come over.' luke whined but nodded, looking over at calum and ashton with puppy dog eyes. calum smiled and glanced over to see ashton's expression.

'please?' ashton asked in a quiet voice, lip jutted out and eyes wide, only dropping the look when calum sighed and nodded in affirmation. luke perked up and thanked calum, quickly going back to leaning on michael's shoulder with heavy eyelids. the day was far from being over, luke still having two classes to go to after this. michael noticed his inability to sit still and figured he'd ask luke about it.

'baby, do you think you'd want to just go to daycare for the rest of the day.' luke froze and shook his head, looking at michael with glossy eyes. shit.

'n-no, i'm fine. gotta go to math anyway, i'm still a little behind." michael wasn't satisfied with his answer, but the bell rang within seconds and michael didn't have a chance to speak before luke rushed off, muttering, 'see you after school.'

ashton and calum said their goodbyes, telling michael they'd go over around 4 so they could get their homework done. michael got up to follow luke, but he was already too far away to catch up to. he shook his head as he made his way to his own class, thinking off some ways he was going to have to reprimand luke for not being honest with him.