Intro

Trey's POV

As I was laying in my jail cell, I kept thinking about everything in my life up until this point. Who my friends are, who came to see me in this hellhole called a prison, and only one person came to mind: Kimberly. Kimberly is my best friend. We've known each other since diaper days. Ever since I got locked up, she's come to see me. My own girlfriend doesn't wanna see me. I bet you're wondering "why I'm in jail?", huh? I was in jail cause my boy, Justin was selling weed using my car and the dumb ass was speeding and they shot him. So since they shot him, dead, they needed to charge someone so they charged me. I only got 5 years, no big deal. I was only 2 years and 60 days in. Today is my birthday, and Kimberly said that she has a surprise for me. I wanna see her and her daughter, Amber. I was just getting ready to shut my eyes when I heard my name being called. "Neverson!!!" "Yea?" I replied. "Get your things. You're going home." I sat up confusedly. I wasn't done with my second year...and I'm going home?!? Shoot, I ain't questioning it. I AM GOING HOME, SAINTS!!! I've gotten my pictures off the wall, and the cell door opened. I walked out passing the other cells when "Pops" grabs my arm and stopped me. "Son," Pops said. "Once you leave, don't come back. I don't wanna see you in here again? You hear me?" I nodded. Pops always believed in me. I said, "I promised." and walked out of the unit without turning back. I walked down the hallways for the last time, wondering about my early release. The officer at the window asked me for my last name. I gave it to him as he grabbed a brown paper bag. I walked into the changing area and changed into the clothes I arrived in. Oh, it felt good to be in my own clothes. I placed the uniform into a basket by the door and headed out into the waiting area. After a few moments, they called my name. I signed the necessary some papers. Once they hit the button, the door buzzed and I walked out of the jailhouse never looking back. I have never been happier to see the outdoors. I walked out farther and smiled as I saw Kimberly and Amber waiting for me. "UNCLE TREY! UNCLE TREY!!!" Amber ran to me and I caught her as she hugged me tightly. Kimberly laughs as I walked up towards her and hugged her. I kissed her forehead as she says, "Happy Birthday Trey."

Kimberly's POV

I hugged my best friend. I saved up enough money to bail him out. He didn't deserve to be in there when the only crime he committed was being too nice. Amber squeals as she hugged us both. I'm glad that Trey's out but I know that once word gets out, I'll barely see him so I gotta get used to him while I can. I touched his hair and chuckled. "Trey, your hair GREW!!" He laughed and touched his hair. "Yea man, but I'm finna go to my uncle and get it cut." My face dropped. "Wait. Like, CUT CUT?" I asked. Trey chuckled as he kissed my forehead again. "Yes. It's time I've done something new." I rolled my eyes not believing him. "Ok but first, you need to go home. I know you want to take a hot shower and get fresh clothes." He laughs. "That, my dear, is so correct." I laugh as he gets in the car as I place Amber in her car seat. It's so good to have my friend back.