Chapter Eleven: Wake Up

Kimmy POV

**Flashback**

I was leaving my new house on Nebraska Ave. and Florida Blvd. It was a nice 2 bedroom, 1 bath, a nice yard, and all new appliances. I was so proud of myself for doing this without Trey's help, and without Melissa ruining everything for me. Now, my daughter and I can live and move into a place that we can call home. I walked out of the door, and I hopped on the bus. I was on my way to get Amber. I pulled the string and a few seconds later, I got off the bus to head towards Trey's house. As I was walking towards the house, I saw a dark blue Hyundai Sonata. I had a bad feeling about that car as it turned around and stopped right in front of me, cutting me off. The car doors opened, and I saw Crystel, Michelle, and Rhonda walked out of the car. I shake my head and thought to myself "Melissa is sending her cousins and her best friend to do her dirty work. Typical." I sighed as I said, "Can you please move? I'm trying to get by..." "No. We have some unfinished business..." Crystel stated. "Well, we need to finish at another time..." I said and walked passed them. Rhonda yanked my hair as Michelle said "No. We finish NOW!" They dragged me by my hair and started to jump me. I managed to get away from them and I ran. I ran into the alley next to the night club. I started to scream for help when Crystel punched me in my face. I fought back, but it was three against one so you know I lost. 

Sometime later,  I woke up in a box next to the dumpster. I rubbed my head and picked myself up. I screamed in pain as last night's events replied in my head. I start to blink but all I started to see was big black spots. "I have to get help..." I got up but fell back down. I tried to get up again. "Ok Kim...one step at a time..." I leaned against the wall, holding my stomach with one arm and searching for my phone with the other. I found it and I realized it died. I lumped my way down the block and to the left. I approached the hospital and when I walked in there, I heard, "Ms. Williams!!!!" as the world around me went suddenly back. 

**Days Later**

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

Drop. Drop. Drop.

I heard all these different sounds around me, but for some reason, I couldn't open my eyes. "Come ON Kim! OPEN YOUR EYES!" I yelled at myself to open my eyes but they wouldn't budge. I heard a crack sound and then it closed. I heard footsteps walk toward me. "Hey, Dr. Donalson. How is she?" A male voice asked. Doc?? I remember limping to the hospital than passing out. Ok, so I know where I am. "Well, she's fine. One day at a time Mr. Neverson. Her body is getting the rest that it needs." "No disrespect, but she's been in here for 5 days now! How much rest does she need?!?!" A female voice asked impatiently. If I could move my face, my mouth would drop. 5 DAYS?!?!?! WHAT THE HAY?!?!? "Mrs. Washington, Ms. Williams hasn't been eating or getting the proper rest! She's literally a walking zombie! Her body is getting its strength back. She was jumped by 3 women half her size. She has a broken arm, two black eyes, a sprained knee, a twisted ankle, and a bruise a size of America on her stomach! Be grateful that she's alive right now." "Ronald, is there anything that we can do?" Another female voice asked. "Chucki, all we can do is pray that she wakes up so we can treat her for her injuries and gets the justice that she deserves. Speaking to her will have her recover faster. " I heard a gasp and the doctor said, "Raven, I know you want answers but there's nothing more medically I can do. My hands are tied. The rest is up to Kimberly. " I heard a sigh. "Thanks, Dr. Donaldson. You've been great to us. " Us? Do I even know this man?? I asked myself. "It's my pleasure to help Trey. I'll check up on her later.Ladies." I hear the door open and shut again. I hear sniffs, and soft whispers spoken.  I felt a hand in mine. "Mommy?" Oh no...Amber's here??? I can't have her see me like this. "Wake up Kimmy....open your eyes, Kimmy...." I said to myself as I tried to open my eyes but it didn't work. "The doc says that if I talk to you then you can hear me...Mommy, I really want you to wake up...I need you...You're all I got...And I know Daddy Trey is trying to be strong for me, but he needs you too. Auntie Rav...Auntie Chucki, I'm ready to go home now. I'm tired." My poor Amber. She's so brave. Raven, Chucki, and Trey are there. "Ok Hunny," Raven said. I REALLY wanted to get up. I really wanted to just hold my baby and let her know that everything was going to be alright. "My child, you are ok. You need to rest.." I know Lord, but... "No buts...just rest..." 

Trey POV

 After Raven and Chucki left with Amber, I walked to the bed and held her hand. "Lord, please let her be alright..." I cried myself to sleep.

*******

I felt someone rubbing my head. I moaned and turned my head. I jumped, lifting up my head to see Kimmy looking at me. I silently thanked God and smiled at her. She smiled back. She's awake.