Chapter Ten: Not Your Fault!

Trey POV

After Dr. Donaldon left us to check on another patient, Raven looked at me and asked, "So what are you going to do??" I sat down next to her, grabbing Kimmy's hand and was silent for a few moments. "As much as I want to press charges, the decision is Kimberly's." Raven rolled her eyes. "Trey, we both know that's not going to happen!!!" I nod my head in agreement. "That girl her family has made Kimberly's life a living hell ever since she came in the picture! All Kimberly wanted to do was to make your life as smooth as possible. Hell, she broke her own heart just to make SURE you were happy and looked how that turned out. I held my peace for too long. Now, I'm putting my foot down! Something has to be done!" I looked at her dumbfounded. "Broke her own heart?" I asked her. Raven looked at me and said, "Trey, Kimberly has loved you for a long time. She'll never tell you because she wants you to be happy. She hasn't told us but we know her." I sighed. I always loved Kimberly. After processing everything that Raven said, I agree with her. Something has to be done. After finding out everything that Melissa and her family have put Kimberly through, I'm mad at myself for not getting rid of her sooner. We heard a knock on the door and Chunki came into the room holding Amber in her arms. Amber wiggled out of her arms and walked to me, looking at her mom. "Poor Mommy..." Amber bits her lips. She looked at me and I picked her up. "Uncle Trey is my mommy in here because of me?!?" That question had Raven, Chunki, and myself shocked. "No baby! Why would you think that?" Amber took a deep breath. She has been holding this in for a very long time. "Well...Cousin Brittany told me that she overheard her Mommy talking to a lady about how my Mommy ruined your life and she said that you only kept my Mommy around was because she was trying to make you my daddy and...and...how she and some of her friends were going to teach Mommy a lesson..and..." Amber starts to cry. I closed my eyes and hugged Amber as she sobs. I was so angry with Melissa and her whole family. If Kimberly doesn't press charges, I will my darn self!!! The things they are doing just to break up my family just so Melissa can have me to herself is unacceptable! I pulled Amber back so she can see my face. "Amber...This is not your fault...Do you hear me? This is not your fault! You did nothing wrong." "Amber looked down as if she didn't believe me. I lifted her head so she could look at me in her eyes. "Mommy was getting the house for you when she got her. Mommy hasn't been eating and hasn't been taking care of herself as she should have. She's getting some rest. So I'm telling you that this is not your fault! Uncle Trey loves you and you did nothing wrong." Amber hugs me again while she's sobbing in my arms. I hold back my tears as we heard a knock on the door. Raven and Chunki walk out the door with the doctors to discuss Kimmy's condition...Oh Lord, I hope she wakes up...