Chapter Four: This is NOT over...

Kimberly's POV

I woke up at 4:30 am and woke up Amber. We went and took a 5-minute shower and we walked out of the bathroom dressed. You wouldn't be able to tell that we were homeless just by looking at us. We made up the bed and placed our things in the office. We walked out, and I saw Ms. Lucy reading the paper. Amber and I greeted Ms. Lucy. "Good Morning Ms. Lucy." She looked up from her paper and smiled. "Good Morning. And how are my two favorite ladies?" "Hungry!" Amber proclaimed. I laughed at her and said, "We're fine. We're about to go to school." Amber jumped up and down and said, "YAY! SCHOOL!!!" Ms. Lucy and I chuckled. I grabbed Amber's hand and headed towards the door when Ms. Lucy called my name. "Before I forget, a young man came by looking for you." A shocked expression came across my face. "Me??" I asked pointing to myself. "Yes, you! He was a very handsome young man. Respectful too." Ms. Lucy smiled. "Tony...No..That's not his name..." I sighed. I knew exactly who she was talking about. "Trey, Ms. Lucy?" I asked. She smiled and said,

"That's the name." I nod my head. I knew he was going to find out. I better not reach out to him, give him a few days to calm down. I kissed Ms. Lucy on her forehead and Amber hugged her. We said our goodbyes and walked out of the shelter. We arrived at the bus stop just as the bus pulled up. The door opened and it's Mr. Jennings, our bus driver. Amber squealed and gave Mr. Jennings a hug. "Hey Mr. J! I missed you." Mr. J chuckled and said, 'Hello dear. You saw me yesterday." "I know Mr. J but yesterday was a long time ago." I shook my head and chuckled as I paid our fare for the day. I said my hello's and we took our seats in the back. We fell asleep and before we knew it, we were down the street from Amber's school. I pulled the yellow string and we hopped off the bus. We walked into the school, and I signed her in. I kissed her and I walked out. I caught another bus and I walk into the mall and I headed to work.

***

I was wrapping up at the Boys and Girls Club when I thought about what Ms. Lucy told me this morning. I still can't believe that Trey came and found me living in the homeless shelter. After cleaning up, I told my manager bye, clocked out and headed to my next job, which is Stake and Shakes, right around the corner. I walked to the back, changed into my uniform and walked to my manager. "Hello Mr. Williams," I said. He walks from around the corner and smiles. "Hey, there sweetheart! There's someone in your section already! Wonderful guy. Nice fade too." I laughed. Only Mr. Williams would notice that type of thing. I grabbed my notepad and walked over to my section. "Hello. Welcome to Steak and..." I screamed. I looked at him and smiled. "Oh my goodness!!!" I did my happy dance as Trey laughed at me. "TREMAINE ALDON NEVERSON, WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR??" He chuckled and said, "I cut it, Kimmy. What does it look like?" I placed the notepad on the table and touched his head, examining his cut. "I love it! At first, I thought you were kidding when you said that you were finna cut your hair but you look amazingly good."

Trey's POV

Kimberly touched my head and chills went down my spine. She rubs it and I try to hold back a moan. That is a turn on. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back and she laughed at me. I popped one eye open and I see her smiling, shaking her head. "Don't get sleepy on me." I laughed and said, "But Kimmy, that feels so good!" She chuckles as she picks up her notebook off the table and began to write. "What you doing, shawty?" I asked her. "Writing down your order. Scrambled eggs, 2 sausages, 2 bacon strips, hash browns with a side of pancakes and one Raspberry Lemonade right?" I laughed. "You know me that well, huh?" Kimmy laughs and replies, "I know you too well Maine." Good. Now she can answer this next question. "Well since you know me too well, as you say, then why didn't you tell me that you're living in a homeless shelter?" Kimberly sighed, and her eyes showed a look of disappointment before looked down. "Give me a minute." Kimberly walked over to her manager, handed the order to another girl, and she walked back to me, sitting across from me. "Trey..." Kimberly began. "I didn't want you to worry about Amber and I's whereabouts. You had so much stress going on about Melissa, your family, trying to figure out whose down for you. I didn't want to put my burdens on you. I was already a burden to you..." I grabbed her hands with one hand while wiping away her tears with my other hand. "Kimmy, let me tell you something. You have never been a burden to me, do you understand me?" She nods her head. "I can't have you living in a homeless shelter. What kind of a friend am I?" Kimmy sighs. "A friend that understands that I have to..." That statement made me jerk back. "Whatchumean I have to?" I asked her. Before she could respond an "Excuse me, can you move?" interrupted up. I looked up to see Melissa tapping her foot at the table. Kimberly sighs and gets up. "And that's my cue to go! Your order will be up in a minute." She starts to walk away but I grabbed her wrist. "Kimberly Ann, we're not done! This is NOT over, do you hear me??" She looks at Melissa than back to me. She walks away but I hear her say, "I believe it is over." Kimmy heads to the back. I sighed and turned to Melissa.