Chapter Seven: On My Own

Melissa POV

I was at home when I heard keys. I smiled cause Trey was home. I can get some. I walked over to the door to greet him but caught an attitude when I saw who was with him. "Trey..what's she doing here?" I asked him. He didn't answer. He told her something in her ear and she walked passed me with a sleeping baby in her arms. she went to the guest room and closed the door. He walked into the kitchen. I know this man is NOT ignoring me. "TREMAINE, I DEMAND TO KNOW WHAT SHE'S DOING HERE!" "COOL IT LISSA! My niece is sleep!" He raised his voice. He grabbed water out the fridge and I asked him again. "Why..is...she...here?" "Cause I'm helping her get on her feet! I'm not gonna let her stay in a homeless shelter when I have a 5 bedroom house!" I sighed. All the hard work that I did to keep her away from him, she keeps bouncing back. I have to try something else. "Trey baby..." I started but I got cut off. "Look, Melissa! She's staying here and that's final! If you have a problem with it, get your things and get out!" I looked at him like he lost his mind. "Who do you think you talking to?"? I asked him. "Why do you always have to be Captin Save-A-Hoe for her ass? HUH? WHY CANT YOU LEAVE HER AND THAT BASTARD WHERE THEY WERE!!!" I questioned him. 

Kimberly POV

I listened to the whole thing. I walked out of the room and walked into the kitchen. I took out some pots and pans and started on cooking dinner. As their voices began to rise, I placed some smooth jazz on when I heard the front door slam. I sighed. I told t his man that it wasn't gonna be a good idea. I was cutting the meat when I heard a voice clear. I looked and it was Melissa. "Why are you here?" I sighed as I began to season the meat. "Trust me, I don't WANNA be here but my best friend is helping on my feet. I told him that this was gonna be a bad idea but once Trey is set on something, it's set." I placed the meat in the pan and placed it in the oven when she asked, "He couldn't help you from the homeless shelter??" Before I could answer the question, I hear, "No.. I couldn't..." We both turned around to see Trey leaning against the doorframe. 

Melissa POV

"Baby..."I started but he cuts me off. "Baby nothing! You're trying to hurt my best friend and I ain't on that." I rolled my eyes. "It's not like that! I just don't like Kimberly." Trey rolled his eyes and said, "What has Kimberly done to you to make you hate her so much??? Don't tell me. The reasoning is probably stupid." "Trey..." I said. "Kimberly and I are a done deal," Trey stated. "You KNEW that when you got with me! She'll always be in my life whether you like it or not! She's my ride or die chick! She always got my back! Now if you can't respect that then you have my permission to go!" I stared at him in disbelief. He's really gonna choose her...over me. "Trey...don't...I'll go..." Kimberly said. "That's right trick. Go!" I said pointing towards the door. Kimberly looked at him and disappeared to the guest room. A second later, her things wherein her arms, and then walked to the front of the house. "Kimmy, please... you don't have to go." Kimberly sighed and said, "Yes...I do...I never wanted this Trey. I never wanted to make you choose between your woman and me. I always said that Lissa came first. Always. I'm going but Amber stays with you...I can be homeless but I refuse to let Amber be. She needs consistency and she needs a warm place to sleep at night. Take care of her." Kimberly kissed her on the cheek and walked out the door. Trey looked at me." I hope your happy Lissa!"