Chapter Three: Secrets Revealed Pt. 2

Trey POV

I sat in the car trying to figure out why the hell Kimberly is in the homeless shelter. I brought her an apartment and had everything paid for her. I pulled out the cellphone I just brought, and I called Drake, my homeboy. "Lo?" Drake answered. "Hey. It's Trey." "Sup Nig? When did you get out?" He asked. "I got released earlier today but aye! You knew Kims was in the homeless shelter?" I heard a short "what?" on the other end of the phone. I knew right then and there that Drake didn't know either. "Na. I didn't know. Are you serious?" "Yea. I went down there and the lady said she's been staying there for the past two years. A little after I got locked up." "Wow," Drake stated. "That explains it." That statement took me by surprise. "Explains what?" I asked. "Well, everything I would call her cell, it would say that it's off. I would see her walking down the street with her little one and I would think that she's just walking around the city. I didn't think she was homeless." He said. That sounds just like Kimmy. She isn't the one to address the rumors or to care about what people thought about her. That's one thing I love about her. "Something's not adding up...Is Jessica there?" I asked Drake. Jessica is Drake's younger sister and if there is anyone in the city that I know who up to date on the latest things, it's Jessica. "Yea. Hold on..." I heard him walk into her room. "WHAT THE HELL??" I heard her yell. "Man, you can't walk in here like that? What if I was busy?" I laughed as she continues to go off on Drake. Drake's always doing this to piss her off. "Trey on the phone, asswipe." I heard him say, along with a scream. I chuckled as I heard the commotion to get the phone. "Hello?" She answered hopefully. " Hey, sis," I said. I heard a scream again and said, "Hey there doll! Welcome home!!!! What's sup?" "Do you know any information about Kimberly and what happened to her?" She hmmed and said, "I got the whole scoop." I took a deep breath, bracing myself on what I am about to hear. "Lay it on me doll." "Well..." Jessica began "According to Melissa, who told Mickey, who told Asten, who to Joey, who told Lisa, who then told me, the police came to the apartment you paid for only a few days AFTER your sentenced and threw her out, demanding that she leave everything or she will get arrested and the baby would be taken from her. Even providing the police with the proper paperwork, they made her leave the key and told her not to come back on the property. Allegedly, she left everything but her ID and the clothes that she didn't pay for. Rumor has it that not only is she in major debt with her bills, so she CAN'T get a place of her own, but she stays in the street and has to beg for food and water." This news upset me. All this had happened to her and not once, when she came to visit me in jail, did she come and tell me what was going on. I know her. She wouldn't want to bother me with her problems, but I had to find out through other people. That's more hurtful to me. There was one more thing that puzzled me. "Well do you know who stays there now?" "Chile, I don't know who lives there now but they are living life," Jessica said. "Whatchu mean?" I asked. Jessica chuckled and replied, "Dude, you paid off that apartment. Whoever is living there doesn't have to pay the rent for the next year maybe two." I forgot that the apartment was under my name and that I had set up my account to where the rent was automatically paid. Well, that ends today. "Thanks, Jess. I owe you one. Tell D I'll call him later." I hung up the phone. There is a couple of things I needed to handle. Kimmy has some major explaining to do.