Chapter Eight: Get Out

Trey POV

I walked to the guest room and sat at the edge of the bed, looking at my niece. My friend..my best friend is homeless and she won't stay with me. Where in the hell is she going to do? I sighed, and sightly prayed that Kimberly gets her fresh start. I rubbed Amber's head, kissed her forehead, and walked out of the room. I walked into the living room to see Melissa and her sister Ashley watching The Game. They were so into the tv show that they didn't see me or hear me walk in. I leaned against the wall and looked at her. The more I thought about this situation, the more I realized that Melissa was the cause of it all. She has to go. "Melissa, we have to talk." Melissa, not looking up from the tv, said, "OK. Speak." I rolled my eyes. One thing she's not gonna do is waste my time and disrespect me in my own home. Strike One. I walked over to the TV and stood in front of it. "Hey! We're watching that!" Melissa hollered. "We need to talk," I repeated. I looked over at Ashley and said, "Alone, please." Ashley rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as if she wasn't going anywhere. "Well, you might as well say what you wanna say in front of her cause she's gonna find out anyway." I looked at her as if she has three heads. So she tells our business to all of her friends. Strike Two. "Ok. We need to talk about Kimberly." Melissa and Kimberly both rolled their eyes. "What about that whore?" Melissa asked. I breathed, for I felt myself getting upset. "First of all, her name is Kimberly and you will address her as such. Second, her daughter is in the next room..." "I've been meaning to ask," Ashley interjected. "How long is that little brat is staying here with you, not like that's any of my business...." I replied, "You're correct. It's not." "Than I'll ask. How long is she staying?" "Until her mom comes and gets her," I replied. "And how long will that be?" I shrugged my shoulders and said, "As long as it takes." "Can't that bastard stay with her Aunties?" Ashley asked. "Her name is Amber. She's not a bastard, and no, she can't." I replied. "Why Not?" Melissa and Ashley asked at the same time. "She trusted her with me and I be damned if I let her down because of YOU!!!" I said. "Uncle Trey?" I looked to see Amber rubbing her eyes. I walked over to her. "Yes, my darling?" "Where's mommy?" she asked me. I looked at her, got on my knees, and looked at her. "Mommy's looking for a new place for you and her to stay." Amber looks at me sadly. "...but I like it here with you..." "Well, I don't!" Melissa proclaimed. "I don't like yo mama and I don't like you and I don't want you here!" My eyes got huge. She disrespected my baby girl. Strike Three. "MELISSA!" I said. "I don't like you either lady!!" I looked down at Amber. I wasn't expecting her to say that. "Excuse ME?" Melissa said. "I said I don't like you either. You hurt my mommy. You got us kicked out of our house! You make my mommy cry when she thinks I'm asleep. I don't like people who make my mommy cry." Melissa walked up to her and slaps her in her face. "Don't disrespect me, little girl." Amber held her cheek, stepped on her foot, kicked her in the knee and ran to me. I picked her up. This is the last straw. "Get your things...and get the hell out...I want you out when I get back or else ima slap you." I grabbed my keys and Amber and I left before I go back to jail and break my promise to Pops.