Chapter One: Coming Home

Kimberly's POV

After strapping Amber in the car seat, we left the jail and we headed towards his house on the east side. I looked over at Trey to see tears in his eyes. "Wow." He replied. "I never knew how much I miss this place until it gets snatched from you." I grabbed his hand. He takes it and squeezes it as I continue to drive us to his house. I understood his statement more than he knew. After a few moments, we arrived at his house. I parked his car and turned it off. "Come on. Let's go inside." Trey got Amber out of her car seat and we walked to the door. I gave Trey the keys. He took them from me and sighed. I rubbed his back, allowing him to have his moment. He hasn't done this in 790 days and I wasn't going to rush him. After a few moments, he pushed the key into the lock and turned the key. He sighed and said, "Man, it feels good to control the keys." He opened the door. He walked in the house to everyone yelling, "WELCOME HOME!! SURPRISE!!!" I looked to see Trey smiling. I knew he was happy. I grabbed Amber from him and headed towards the guest room when his fake ass girlfriend walked up to him and pulled him in a hug. I shook my head and continued to put Amber in the bed. Once she was settled, I took a moment to calm down. Melissa and I don't get along and for good reason! She cheated on him while he was in jail, she never went to see him, and now that he's out, she's all lovely dubby. UGH! She got me bent like fruit roll-ups if she thinks that I'm going to kiss the ground she walks on just because Trey is on. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed the pitcher from the cabinet and washed it. I was making the Kool-Aid when I heard someone clear their throat. I rolled my eyes again as I continued to do what I was doing. As I grabbed the sugar, I simply said, "Hello Melissa."

Melissa's POV

I am so happy that my baby is at home. I am NOT happy that Kimberly is in our home. I hate her and her daughter. I hate the fact that she's in his life. I didn't want her here. As soon as I saw her walk out of the guest room, I followed her into the kitchen. She was making something to drink when I cleared my throat. She said, "Hello Melissa." I rolled my eyes. The sound of her voice just pissed me off. "Listen, after you make what your making, you gotta bounce." She laughed. She walked over to the cabinet and grabs the gallon of room temperature water. "Why?" She asked. "Last time I checked, Trey's name is on everything. I'm not leaving unless Trey..." "Cut the crap, Kim! Trey's name might be on everything, but I run this household...and I don't want you here." She opened the refrigerator, placed the drink in there, and closed the door. She turns around and said, "You don't run NOTHING!" She said boldly. "The ONLY reason you THINK held it down was because he was locked up. HALF the things you did, you KNOW he wouldn't approve of." I was quiet, for I knew she was right. "At the end of the day, I don't have to leave and I'm not going too." "Oh, you are gonna leave," I stated. She rolled her eyes and threw her hands up. "Whatever Melissa. I don't have time for this. Right now, it's about Trey and him being home. He wouldn't want his favorite girls to be arguing on his day." She walked passed me and out of the kitchen. She walked into the leaving room and started to talk to Trey. UGH!! This woman is SO DISRESPECTFUL AND SELFISH!!!! Two can play her game. I walked up to Trey, sat in his lap and gave him a nasty, sloppy kiss. He pushed me off him. "What the hell?? Can you be any rudder?? I was in a conversation. That could have waited." I looked at him, shockingly as Kimberly looked away. She looked at the clock and sighed. She walked into the back room. She left. Good. I wrapped my arms around Trey's neck and said, "Now that she's left, can I get the welcome that I deserve??" Before he could reply..."Hey Trey! I'll be back. I'm glad you're home." He looked up at Kimberly and smiled. "OK! Come right back." Kimberly nods. She walks out of the room the house with her brat. I looked at the clock. 5:30. I smiled to myself. She got 30 more minutes before her ass gets locked out of the homeless shelter. This just turned out to be the best party ever.