Park? Park.

Evening. The best time of the day. The breeze gently combs through your hair and tickles your nose as you walk. Darkness, like a soft blanket, covers the light. It causes soft orange, yellow, and pink hues to fill the sky. The evening is truly an artist's dream.

Thoughts continued to fill my head but eventually, I snapped out of it and stood up from my place on the couch. I walked over to the coffee table and picked up my pencil as well as my sketchbook.

"Where are you headed, Chae?" My roommate, Dahyun, asked me from the recliner. She had her nose in a book and only slightly looked up from it to ask where I was headed. Dahyun is normally relaxed and silent, always reading or watching something on tv. If you met her while she's with the rest of her friends you would never guess that she's so easy going. While she is out and about she's the life of the party, her duel personalities never fail to confuse me.

"I just wanted to get some fresh air. I was planning on going to the park and drawing the scenery," I responded.

Dahyun pressed the button the makes the recliner go back to its upright position. She stood up and set her book on the recliner, having the pages that she was reading facing upward. "Can I come too~," She asked with her eyes closed and a bright, large smile. I simply nodded, adding in a closed-mouth smile as well. Dahyun gave me an even bigger and even brighter smile before heading towards the door.

I put on my shoes and opened the door for her and she laced up her shoes too. She stood up from her crouching position and walked out the door, I trailed behind her. After I walked out I closed and locked the door. Lucky for us (that was major sarcasm) the elevators were closed for maintenance so we had to walk down many flights of stairs just to reach the doors to the outside world. Dahyun went in front of me, beginning her walk down the unforgiving stairway.

She looked surprisingly graceful. The way she walked down the stairs with her hair trailing behind her was majestic in a way. Her pale, milky white skin was shining, glowing even, in the dull, gray apartment complex.

Dahyun turned around as she reached the first landing. Her eyes met mine. Hers felt as though they were signaling mine to join her, so I did. I ran down the stairs in an attempt to join her. When I got to the landing that she was at she immediately began speed walking down the next flight of stairs. I stayed at her side all the while.

We got to the third landing and Dahyun stopped running.

"Dubu, you good?" I questioned her. I call her dubu due to her super pale complexion.

She looked up at me with fire in her eyes, "Race ya!" I looked at her with the same fire in my own eyes. We both nodded in unison.

"ONE!" I said.

"TWO!" She followed up.

I counted down from three on my fingers which were held up in between the two of us. When I got to zero we both yelled, "THREE!" and began sprinting down the concrete staircase.

~-~

Many, and I mean MANY, stairs later I reached the bottom of the staircase. To my surprise, Dahyun was leaned against the wall, completely immersed in her phone. I hobbled over to where she stood, gasping for air all the while.

  She looked up from her phone and glared at me before jumping up and down bearing a large grin. She squealed with joy still jumping between me and the concrete wall. "I won! Hehehe! Chae, you owe me something now!" Dahyun squeaked.

  I looked at her with a puzzled expression. My head tilted to the side again. I don't know what she wants and knowing her she will probably ask me to do all of the housework for a week. Now that I think about it, I do most of the housework anyway. "What do I owe you?" I managed to get out between my wave of thoughts.

  "Hmmm..." She thought for a little while. She looked around the barren room then back at me. Dahyun scanned my figure until she made her way to what I held in my left hand, a sketchbook and a pencil. She pointed at my left hand, leaving me even more confused.

  I held out my sketchbook and pencil, "Y-you want this?" I don't understand her sometimes, this is one of those times.

  She tried holding in her laughter but failed and ended up giggling like crazy. Eventually, she became composed again, "No, Chaeng, I want you to draw something for me."

  "Ohhhh..." You know what? That makes way more sense. "Yeah, okay, you got it, Dubu!" I said in an upbeat tone.

Dahyun gave me a large smile and headed toward the door," Thanks, Chaeyoung-ie!" She slightly opened the door allowing the cool air to graze our skin, "Park?"

"Park."