@Strawberry_Princess

My mind still has yet to recover from the video of the small tiger and I. A tornado feels like it's forming inside of my skull. A tornado of mixed emotions and hazy memories. This tornado shows no sign of disappearing.

After much inner conflict, I get myself collected enough to text Chae back.
————————————————————————

strawberry_princess

hey Mina.
My friends and like everyone
posted that story of
us and some people
tagged u so I sorta got
ur @... im so sorry
that they posted that...
or that that happened...

u remember last night?
no ones telling me anything
about it when I ask.
maybe we can figure it
out together by putting
our memories together :)

No need to be sorry!
It affects me as much as
it affects you so I'm 
sorry too.

I'd love to know more about
last night as well. I remember
nothing lol. What do you
remember?

Nuuuu don't apologize!
its all gucci. Ya know that
park that we first met at?
Wanna meet up there and
talk about what we know?

Sure  ^ - ^

great!It's a date
then o(^▽^)o
————————————————————————
  Did she just say that it's a date? Is that what this is? Dang... Chaeng is smooth. How is it that she's younger than me and yet so much better at love..? Love... I guess I do love this little eccentric beast of a girl. To think I started this day off thinking that it would be relaxing!
————————————————————————

strawberry_princess

great!It's a date
then o(^▽^)o

See you in 30?

See you in 30!
————————————————————————
  Thirty minutes until I have to meet up with her. It's a ten-minute bike ride from here so I'll leave in fifteen minutes in order to be there a tad bit early. You know, to prepare my mind for Chaeyoung's presence.

  My current outfit seems alright enough I suppose. It's comfy so I don't really want to change. I lay back on my couch and look up at the tv. The news is on per the usual, I tend to enjoy the background noise that it gives off. Rarely do I look up at it. Now I remember I don't, it's borrrringnggg!! And yet, I'm going to be staring at this for fifteen minutes...

•••

I get off of my bike and my vans make contact with the dewy grass. I guide the mint green bike into the rack outside of the park's entrance. Many old memories flood back from that one fateful evening as I stand in front of the statues and fountains of the park. My feet lead me inside as though I'm being pulled by a magnet.

It's almost as though I can visualize the exact moments that Chaeyoung and I shared. Chaeng, Tzuyu, Dahyun, and I sat on these exact benches just weeks ago. The bench where I sat, to begin with, drags me towards it. I remember meeting the little lion's eyes on this bench as she sketched me. Just thinking about it gives me a lump in my throat and fluttering feeling in my stomach. I take a seat on my bench and wait for my date to find me.

"Boo!" A high voice yells from behind me. Her hands attached to my shoulder as a backup plan for her "boo" not scaring me on its own. The "boo" would have easily scared me on its own. Geez, Chae...aren't dates supposed to be sweet?

I turn back to meet her cute eye smile, "Hello," I giggle at her adorableness. I pat the space next to me in an attempt to get her to sit down. She takes the hint and sits down.

Chaeyoung fiddles with her fingers and hoodie strings a little bit. She "secretly" peaks looks at my face before looking away all shy-like...cute. A solid three minutes go by before either of us says anything.

"So...uh. What about that party last night, huh? Crazy right!" Chaeyoung said to me in a sarcastic and nervous tone.

"Yeah, crazy! I remember it oh so well! Do you remember the ending? Man, that was wild. Uhm...I think it was at least," I rub the back of my neck. She laughs at my failed attempt at sarcasm.

Chaeng looks at me inquisitively. I reciprocate her gaze in a teasing manner, "What's up, Chaeng?" She doesn't answer but instead still looks at me for a long while. Her gaze doesn't falter or change. I wave my hand in front of her face and she jumps slightly before looking around like a lost puppy. She has to stop being so cute.

  Chaeyoung looks at me and giggles, "I'm sorry! By simply looking at you I actually remembered a bit!" Now I'm the one looking at her all inquisitive like.

  "Just by looking at me?" I question her. With a smile, she eagerly nods. "Huh...that's strange," I reply. Once again she nods.

  I look her directly in the eyes in an attempt to learn about last night. Surprisingly it does actually work and it works well. Memories clearly came back to me. From me walking in the door and seeing her looking my way to what she wore to my exact thoughts before the now-infamous kiss. Some parts we're still missing, especially when it came to the order in which things happened.

"So is it working for you?" Chaeyoung snapped me out of my thoughts. Her sweet eyes gazed in my own. Her warm smile faced me as well, making me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

I returned her sweet look and smile, "Yeah it actually is quite surprisingly. Probably because we were around each other, like, the entire time so looking at the other can jog our memory quite easily."

"were we really together the entire time?" Chaeng looked at me questioning my thoughts.

"Well...I think so. I don't have any memories without you aside from arriving at the party!"

"Now that you say it, I don't either!" Chaeyoung giggled a bit, "In that case last night must have been amazing if I spent it all with you!"

I got butterflies in my stomach and warm all over. Truly, she is too good at these cheesy lines. Never a dull moment with this girl.

-

School be like: Giving students time to do anything other than schoolwork? What's that? Anyways I'm back from an in announce hiatus. High school depression hits hard! I edited most of the older chapters of this book, I just fixed grammar and stuff. Thank you for so many reads and votes, you are all amazing! -Mikey