Night Time

"What was that?" Dahyun interrogated me.

"You sound like Tzuyu..." I snappily replied back.

"Eh?"

"Oh, I saw Tzuyu in the park. While you were away we sat together. She saw my first interaction with Mina and immediately after she asked me that same question."

"Ah, okay. Well anyways, will you answer my question?"

"No."

"You're impossible, Chae," She laughed and ended the conversation.

We walked out of the park in silence. At this point the sky was black with small, glowing, stars covering the endless, black, abyss above us. Few people were walking around at this point. You'd see the occasional passerby but there's no longer the steady stream of people that we saw earlier. There were, however, still plenty of cars on the street. All of the streetlights were turned on as well. A heavier breeze blew past our faces, making us quite chilly.

We walked up the many flights of stairs and at this point we stood in front of the apartment door. Dahyun fumbled through her pant pocket and pulled out her keys. On them, she has this really cute keychain that was a picture of her and me when we were younger.

We lived back in Korea when the picture was taken. It was always our dream to move to Japan and study there but our parents said we had to wait until we were eighteen. Right on my birthday Dahyun and I begged to go which our parents reluctantly agreed to. And so that's where we are now, finishing up high school together as we always hoped. Deep down we both didn't ever think that it would happen and yet here we are, right in front of the apartment that we've been sharing for a while now.

Dahyun inserted the key into the lock and turned the doorknob. She walked inside first then I followed her, pulling the keys out on my way in. I closed the door and handed her the keys. She made her way over to the recliner and picked up the book that she left open. She got back into reading as if she never left her chair.

I guess I have to make dinner tonight. I muttered to myself. Dahyun looked up at me with her eyebrows furrowed and head tilted. She must hand heard what I said. I smiled and shook my head as if to say "it's nothing". She smiled back and went to reading again.

  Dinner...I hate making it. It doesn't help that I have to make something far passed the time that I normally eat. I walked to our quaint little kitchen and opened the refrigerator door. There really wasn't anything that caught my eye. By that I mean there was nothing to eat cuz were broke. We basically get by thanks to the money our parents send us.

  I closed the fridge door and walked to the couch. Flopping on the couch, I pulled out my phone and looked at restaurants that deliver to us. It didn't take me long to find a cheap sushi place that delivered.

  "Hey, Da-" I was cut off by soft snoring coming from the recliner, "Oh." In this case, I didn't see much of a need to eat. I turned my phone off and put it in my pocket. Dahyun looked so peaceful on the couch so I really didn't want to disturb her rest.

I sneakily walked to the closet in my room and grabbed a lightweight blanket for her. It was slung over my arm as a walked back to her. Carefully, I placed the end of the blanket on her feet and gently made the top rest on her shoulders. As carefully as humanly possible, I took the book from her hand, placing it on the coffee table, and I gently put the blanket over her exposed hand. That was one of the most stressful things that I've done today.

After that little mission impossible stunt I walked to my bedroom. My phone was still in my pocket so I took it out and put it on the charger. I locked the door and got into my PJs before flopping on the bed. I sighed and got under the blanket. I have this funny feeling in my gut. A feeling that tomorrow will be important.

"Heh...weird," I let out in a breathy sigh. My eyes closed by themselves and before I knew it I was out.

-

In the middle of making this chapter this story got over 50 reads. It seems small but to me, it's a lot. Thanks to those who read my work. Also, I want to apologize for this chapter taking so long to post. Alright, that's all. Let's see what "tomorrow" has in store :) -Mikey