The Party

Chaeyoung's POV

  My fingers were still on the beautiful penguin's chin, lower lip, and just above her upper lip. Our eyes were still connected. No one dared to look away from the other. In one moment, in this one moment, I felt safer and more secluded than ever before. We were in a room of rowdy teenagers, and yet, in her eyes I found the most comforting feeling. Not once had I felt this before. I don't even have a word for what I feel. My heart has never beat this fast before. My mind has never been so blank before. My eyes have never been so blessed before.

  I broke eye contact to look down at her lips. They were so full, pink, and beautiful. Just looking at them made my heart beat ten times faster. It felt like I was on the brink of a heart attack. But if I died, right here, right now, I'd be happy. I'd be happy to die after seeing such a beautiful girl in front of me.

  While I was lost in thought my body decided to lean in closer to hers. Her eyes were still stuck on mine. I looked back up from her lips to her eyes. We just looked deeply at each other. I searched her eyes for any sign of fear or worry from what I just did and what I was about to do. I found no fear. No worry. But instead I found...excitement?

  We were mere inches away. Mina was staying perfectly still. I was the one moving towards her. She didn't argue though, so I kept going. We were one inch apart now, our noses brushing up against each other. I could feel her breath on my lips now. My heart was beating extremely fast. Is this happiness? Nervousness? Love......

  Before I could figure out the reason for my up coming heart attack a loud voice interrupted the two of us,"Heeeeey, No Jam Brothaaaa! How you doin'? Personally I'm feelin' grrrrreat!" Jeongyeon nearly yelled to me as she sloppily put her arm over my shoulder. Mina and I snapped away from each other. We both tried figuring out what the heck just happened.

  "Wowzers! Would ya look at that? Hey Chae did you know your girl is riiiiiight there? Like riiiiight in front of you? Ooo ya make a move yet???" Jeongyeon continued looking at Mina with a wide grin. Mina gave her a small smile back but it was obvious that she was still processing what had just happened between us.

  "Y-your girl?" Mina stuttered in shock while looking at me wide eyed. I looked at her in shock as well then my gaze returned to Jeongyeon. I ended up looking back at Mina when I didn't get any response from Jeongyeon.

  "I-um...I don't know what she's talking about," I nervously blurted out.

"Hahaha! Chae you're such a baaaaad liar! We all know that you love yourself some," She paused and looked at Mina,"...Mina! Yeah that's her name," she paused again. She scanned Mina's body and wound up back at her face,"Ooo she's cute...can I have her?" Jeongyeon drunkenly slurred her words while making such embarrassing comments.

  Mina looked at me. Then Jeongyeon. Then me again. All the while every inch of her screamed in confusion. She kinda looked like a puppy with the way that her naivety showed through. She just looked lost and unsure which part of what my friend just blurted out was more important to address.

  Jeongyeon stumbled away to the dance floor. She pumped her fists as she went between tons of people. People she's never talked to before. She swung her arms around them and talked like a mad man.

  "I...let me explain...please," I said with my head drooping down.

  "You don't have to now,"Mina put her index finger right under my chin. Slowly, she lifted up my head until our eyes met. She looked at me with an understanding gaze as I looked at her with a scared one. I was scared of being ridiculed or rejected even though I didn't confirm anything that Jeongyeon said. Heck, Mina might think that Jeong's just talking about my feelings for her in a friendly manner. Either way...I was scared.

  She gave me a little smile. One that was calm but still showed what I needed right then and there. Comfort. That's what I wanted. That's what she gave me. With her hand still under my chin she gave me a little kiss on my forehead,"You can explain all you want later, Chae, when you are ready."

  Blank.

  My mind was absolutely blank.

  I don't know what that kiss meant to her but to me it meant the world. My heart absolutely fluttered after receiving such a great gift. I could still feel her lips on my skin even after she pulled away. I savored that moment for each second that it happened. Without a doubt I will win her over now, that gave me all the motivation I needed.

  My hand went up to my forehead, right where she placed the kiss. I felt the exact spot. Her lipstick rubbed off a little bit right there. I could feel the slight stickiness and wetness of it. My hand went down to my eye level so I can check that it really was there, that everything wasn't just an amazing dream.

  It was real. I could see her pinkish lipstick on my fingers. As soon as I saw this sight I immediately smiled brighter than ever before. It made me really see that this is no dream but instead a beautiful reality. A reality that I could have only dreamt of. But still...she likely thinks of me as a friend and that was just her way of consoling me.

  Mina looked down at the floor before cutely giggling at my idiotic self. In my shock, I totally forgot that she was in front of me. And here I am, now frozen in place from happiness and embarrassment all of which for many reasons. Honestly I wish that Jeongyeon had kept her mouth shut.

  Mina looked up at me with a smile,"Do you dance?"

  "I do actually," I replied with a grin as I looked at her beautiful black eyes.

  She looked down a little to avoid my gaze. Her cheeks flushed a slight pink color,"Would you join me on the dance floor?"

  My smile grew 10 times as big,"Of course. After you, Milady," I bowed down like a servant to a queen and positioned my hand to face the crowded dance floor.

  So far I'm liking this party a little too much.

-
Evening is back! Even on hiatus I gained tons of reads. Thank you all so much! Please be sure to check out my new story, J.Y.P's Home For Peculiar Children, a fantasy novel with all of your favorite idols (mainly Twice)! It's really fun to write a novel that's as in depth as JHFPC. Thank you all for your support!