Regret Filled Confession

Mina's POV

My mind raced as I walked back to my friends and away from Chaeyoung. I got closer and closer to the crowd with every step. It felt like everyone's eyes were on me. Like they were throughly scanning my body with their laser beam like stares. I could see people whispering in the crowds. They were talking about the "new girl". Me. This was one of the worst impressions that I could have given people.

I made my way between the two friends that I had previously stood by, Sana and Momo. Sana looked at me with regret-filled eyes.

"I am sooooo sorry!" She said,"It was supposed to be a playful little push for you to get closer to her. I just meant to tease you a bit." Sana bowed her head and looked back up at me with her sad, sparkling, eyes.

"It's okay..." I softly said as I patted her back,"Why did you push me towards her in particular though?"

"Well...she looked exactly like the artist you described to me last night. What was her name? Son something... Sonnnn..." her voice trailed off. Her eyes reached the floor and her mouth moved yet nothing came out. She fiddled with her skirt in a sort of rhythmic way.

  "Chae...Chaeyoung maybe?" Momo cut in. They both looked at me for confirmation. I nodded.

  "Was I right? Was that her?" Sana slightly jumped while saying that. It's strange but when she's excited she will bounce. She's really "out there" with her mannerisms, but maybe that is what drew me to befriend her.

  "Yes, that was her. I don't know if that's for better or for worse though," I slightly giggled to make the mood lighter.

  They giggled along with me. It was difficult to tell if they were laughing for humors sake or because they were filling the awkward void of silence.

Our laughs were put to a halt by the voice of a class mate. We shared algebra but I never really talked to him. Well...I never really talk to many people to put it bluntly. From what I've overheard his name is Jackson. "Hey, JB, we should go to class. Hold up, let me rephrase that, we should run to class," Jackson stated with worry.

"Oh shoot you're right. Let's go," The guy that Jackson directed his statement to, JB, responded with panic. Jackson and JB along with five others went through the, now desolate, hall to home room.

I turned back to Momo and Sana. They overheard that conversation as well. To be fair the boys were being quite loud. We all looked at each other with worried glances. The glances wordlessly said to run. So, we adjusted our bags on our backs and shoulders and ran like our life depended on it. In a way it kind of did...teachers here are no joke.

Sprinting through the hallway was surprisingly fun and gave us a rush of sorts. Obviously it was against the rules but only teachers cared. Even then, it gave us a feeling of defiance.

Before we went to class we went to our lockers to put our things away. Sana's locker was really close to mine since our family names both start with "M". I opened up my locker and swung my backpack off of my shoulders. It was in my hand when Sana suddenly spoke.

"Mina, what's up with you and that Chaeyoung girl?" Sana blurted with her gaze still fixed on her own locker.

"What do you mean," I asked while I was in the middle of unzipping my bag.

"I mean, you were both so awkward around each other. I know that you're not really a people person but that side of you really showed there. And Chaeyoung is normally fine around people, at least that's what I've seen since she's been here. Yet, she was as bad as you if not worse," She explained,"Your heart totally fluttered around her."

"Did not!" I whisper-yelled as I took my pencil in binder out form my bag.

"Don't hide it. If it makes you feel any better I like girls too."

My head turned to her. Apparently her gaze was on me for longer since when I looked at her she was already looking my way. Our eyes met, making the situation a tad worse. I just don't know what to say. The awkward silence continued as we shoved our bags into the thin lockers. We closed our lockers at the same time and walked to home room together.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pried into your love life like that," Sana said to me as we walked. I could tell that she really meant it. Her usual playful demeanor was gone and replaced with a more solemn tone.

"It's alright. If it makes you feel any better then..." I stopped. Should I actually say it? This is a bad idea. My mind raced. It was filled with the countless possibilities of me saying what I was about to say. I took a deep breath and braced myself,"You were right...my heart did 'flutter'"

  "Knew it," Sana laughed under her breath. It was obvious that she didn't intend for me to hear it but she's not exactly a great whisperer.

  "What was that?" I softly said back, trying to make it seem like I didn't hear.

  "Uh... nothing!" She looked up at me with a big smile, eye-smile included, and giggled. Her hands waved passed her face frantically.

  I smiled back and we kept walking to class. What I just admited to her loomed over my head. Did I really just say that? I'm totally going to regret this...

-

This story has really blown up more than I intended. Thank you all so much! But, in the words of a special someone,"It's not over until it's over!" This is just the beginning of the story, expect much MUCH more! -Mikey