Real Life Angel

Dahyun and I stepped outside the cold apartment complex. The frigid breeze licked our face and ever so slightly blew our hair behind us.

There were bright streetlights lining the roads that were just being turned on to combat the darkness that will soon take over. I say soon because the sky was still full of beautiful colors. Reds of all different shades, oranges of different hues, and many types of pink cover the sky right now.

People flooded the sidewalks. Women and men were coming back from their jobs. There were some mothers and fathers holding the hands of their children, swinging them up and down with large smiles on their slightly pink faces. Other people were walking their dogs and the kids who were with their parents would stop to pet the fluffy dogs as their owners told them their pet's name. It was crowded, sure, but it was still beautiful.

"Chaeyoung! Are you coming or what?" Dahyun said with a giggle at the end. She waved at me from a few feet away. How did she get there in such a short while?

"Y-yeah!" I said, flustered. I snapped out of the state that I was in and began making my way over to her. It was slightly difficult since there were so many people surrounding my path. They weaved in and out of each other so I followed the same pattern as them. Surprisingly I made it in no time due to that.

As soon as I stood by Dahyun's side she began walking again. "So where's this park that you want to go to?" She asked me.

"It's just a few blocks straight and then you take a right and it's on your left," I replied with a smile though she didn't see it since she was focused on not being trampled by people.

"Ah, not far at all," Dahyun grinned.

Fast Forward

We made it to the park in very little time. As soon as we entered we saw plenty of people, pets, and lush greenery. It was just what I hoped for. People just going about their day make for good models. You can capture natural beauty that way. No superficial poses, gaudy makeup, and extremely fit or lean bodies. They are all run of the mill people who aren't copies of each other like the models that I get in the art class.

Just standing in the middle of the park was slightly...no...very weird so I scanned the area for a bench with two open spots. Somehow, this task was more like a mission. Almost every seat was taken up by people. It was impossible to find a seat that had two open spots next to each other.

"You know, I've never been here before," Dahyun stopped walking to say this to me. She took a deep breath as she looked around, "I'd kind of like to walk around this place a little more before sitting down. You can go ahead and sit down wherever you like, I'm going to walk down one of the trails."

"Oh, yeah, alright," I looked around as well. I can definitely see why she wants to walk around a little more, the place gorgeous, especially at this time of day. "We need to meet up at some point though. When and where will we get back together," I pondered.

"Huh?" Dahyun muttered, it seemed as though she didn't think about that either. She continued by saying, "Let's meet up at the Lion fountain at 8?" I just nodded back with a smile. Right now it was 6:14, so that would give me a good amount of time to draw.

She turned toward the walking trail and waved back at me before walking into the tunnel of trees, flowers, and bushes.

  Now it's just me, myself, and I.

  I made my way to the closest bench and sat down on the single empty spot. It was right in front of a large dove fountain. The bottom of the fountain was super shiny due to the coins that people threw in it. Each fountain was said to grant different things. If you threw a coin in the lion fountain you were to receive courage. The owl fountain granted knowledge. The dove fountain gave you love. The koi fountain gave luck. All of the fountains had a lot of coins in them but the dove has the most.

  I took out my sketchbook and opened it to a new page. Things to draw for Dahyun flooded my brain. Maybe the dogs that were walking or a fountain... a person would work well too. I lifted my pencil and was about to put it to the page when-

  Plop..........Clink

  I looked up. A girl with long brown hair tossed a coin into the fountain. She looked completely different for everyone else. She was elegant, like a princess...like a queen. She turned around and faced me. Her skin was glowing which completely contrasted with her dark clothing. It wouldn't be a stretch to call her perfect because she really was. She had a beautiful slender nose that went perfectly with her beautiful bright eyes which also complimented her beautiful pink lips. Oh...I'm staring, aren't I...

"Chaeyoung?" A familiar voice called out to me. I turned my head to see one of my closest friends, Tzuyu. Tzuyu, Dahyun, and I have been close friends since third grade. We've kept a pretty close bond which is evident by the fact that we are still best friends in college. She's the youngest out of all of us yet she towers over everyone. It's one of her many charms...I guess.

She made her way over to me but she constantly averted her gaze to the angel that I was looking at earlier. When she got to my side she quietly said, "Mina. Her name's Mina."

I didn't understand her in the slightest. Whose name is Mina and what is that relevant to at all? I tilted my head and let out," Eh?"

"Don't play dumb, Chae. That girl that you were eyeing. Her name is Mina. You can thank me later," Tzuyu said with a wink and smirk at the end.

"HEY!" I half yelled while I punched her arm.

Mina. Her name itself is elegant sounding. She really is a real-life angel. I hope to properly meet you someday my angel, Mina.