Sketch of an Angel

"So what are you doing here?" Tzuyu asked me while she rubbed where I hit her.

"I can ask you the same thing," I said with a glare, still mad about her just assuming that I like that beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, breathtaking girl- I mean, Mina.

"Woe, the cub thinks she's all grown up!" Tzuyu laughed while patting my head.

I get that she's taller and looks older than I do but still I'm older, and I feel as though she forgets that sometimes.

"Ugh," I scoffed and subtly rolled my eyes, "I was planning on drawing the scenery. Maybe sketch some people as well. I actually came here with Dahyun but she decided to go on a walk."

Tzuyu gave me a "hm" and nodded. "I just wanted to get out of the house," she paused and looked up. She sighed then continued, "Jihyo forced me out of the house. She says that I need to get out more since the only time that I go out is when I walk Gucci. Her words, not mine."

I couldn't help but laugh. That's as Tzuyu-like as it gets. She loves her dog more than anything but really enjoys alone time as well so it would make sense for her to mainly go out when it involves her precious Gucci.

The person who was sitting next to me stood up and walked toward the entrance. Tzuyu looked at the spot then back to me. She was obviously asking for permission to sit down. I nodded, giving her the go-ahead to sit next to me. She smiled and happily sat down.

The atmosphere became silent. I looked at the dove fountain again to try and find Mina. Sadly she wasn't there. She just disappeared. Tzuyu made me lose track of her.

Tzuyu tapped my shoulder and whistled to me. That caught my attention and I looked at her. She glanced over to the figure of a woman, sitting on the bench next to ours. It was her, Mina. We were separated by a large tree but I could still see most of her face. I looked at my lap to see my sketchbook open to a blank page and my pencil laying on said blank page. My hand reached for the pencil and I began creating a rough sketch of the angel.

Her features were all so defined. So sharp. But so smooth too. Her skin was flawless as well, there wasn't a single visible indentation or bump nor blemish in sight. She was perfect.

My hand continued making an attempt to capture her beauty on a 2-dimensional sheet of paper. Needless to say, it was difficult. But I did it. Now, even if I never see her again, she will be in my memories forever through this picture.

"Wow, Chae, that's incredible!" Tzuyu exclaimed at the sight of my sketch. My head immediately snapped up and our eyes met. Her statement caught me completely off guard.

"Heh heh," I laughed in embarrassment. I don't normally like people seeing what I draw unless I directly show it to them. If I'm being honest I forgot that Tzu was there as I drew. When I get in "drawing mode" all I see is the paper, pencil, and my reference, everything else fades away.

  I looked away from Tzuyu to see that a few other people surrounded me as well. They must think that I'm some sort of portrait artist begging for money. It's kind of embarrassing for them to have been hovering over me as I work. There were two older ladies, a family consisting of a father, mother, and little girl, and a man still in his business suit.

  "Mommy! Mommy!" The little girl tugged on her mom's jacket sleeve, pulling it past her mom's knuckles. Her mother knelt down to her height. "Doesn't her drawing look like that girl over there?" The little girl said while looking at my drawing then pointing at Mina.

  Her mother laughed, "Yeah, it looks exactly like her. She's a very talented artist! Alright, Em, let's head home, it's past dinner time." She took the little girl by the hand and walked away through the little girl was still looking at my drawing while pointing and glancing over at Mina.

  Mina looked up from her lap, I'm guessing she was on her phone and saw the girl looking at her then at my drawing. She looked past the tree that separated us and saw me and my 3-person crowd.

  My heart began beating quickly. What is this? Fear? Regret? Happiness? I felt the temperature of my body rise. Everything felt unnecessarily warm and...off. Yet, while I felt on the verge of a heart attack, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

  She walked over to me. Even her walk is elegant. She walks perfectly upright. Her hands gracefully swayed at her sides. Her chin is perfectly level with the ground. Everything, absolutely everything about her was perfect.

  "Hey, she looks a lot like the drawing," One of the older women said to her friend, looking at Mina.

  "My goodness, you're right. She looks exactly like the drawing," the other older woman responded, also looking at Mina.

  Mina gave the ladies a confused expression. She even did a very slight head tilt. Cute. She seemed to gain her composure and walked passed the crowd to Tzuyu and I. I wish I could close my sketchbook or turn it to another page before she looked at my drawing of her. I wish I could. But I'm frozen. I can't move. Help.

   She stood directly in front of me and looked at me with the most beautiful brown eyes that I've ever seen. I could get lost in them. No, I'm already lost in them. She looked down at what was on my lap, the sketchbook with a sketch of her that took up the entire page. Her face was blank, she looked very serious as though she was examining it, trying to figure out if she liked it for not.

  "This is absolutely amazing!" Mina exclaimed with a smile. Her voice was absolutely mesmerizing as well. What about her isn't perfect?

  "I-.....um....you-.....uh....." I stuttered. This is embarrassing..."Thank you!" I finally managed to get out with a smile that complimented hers. I looked at her then back at my sketch. I folded the paper along the perforated line and tore the drawing out of the book. I handed her the piece of drawing which she gladly took with a grin.

  "What's your name?" She questioned me.

  "Son Chaeyoung," I replied in a shaky voice.

  "Well, thank you, Son Chaeyoung. You're a fantastic artist, continue drawing and one day you will make it big, I swear," Mina said before turning around and walking off.

Wow, this was a long chapter compared to the others. I hope it was worth the read. -Mikey