Party Preperation

It's been about two weeks since I was moved to Mina's math class. Math used to be my least favorite subject. I dreaded that class more than anything else. It was the bane of my existence. Now, I look forward to it every day. Each day I yearn for that class more and more than the day prior. It's the one time that I get to talk to her, to Mina.

  As the days go on I become more and more fond of her. Not seeing her for a simple day makes me sad. It feels like a part of me is missing. She holds a part of my happiness with her at all times. Without it, I cannot be at my best. I don't know what she's done to me or what about her makes me feel this way. But, oddly enough, it feels good. It feels good to have something to look forward to each day. Even when I'm deep in my thoughts as I am now, I miss her. I want to always be with her. Is that even possible?

After tons of boring classes, and the one bearable class thanks to a certain somebody, the sweet relief of lunch came. I walked out of the English class to the cafeteria. The food was never great but what really mattered about lunch was the fact that you can talk to whoever you wanted. On the way to the cafeteria, I saw Jihyo, Nayeon, and Tzuyu. We all stuck together through the crowded hallway. It didn't take long to get to the cafeteria and it took even less time to get food and find our table. Jeongyeon and Dahyun were already waiting for us there.

  "So, Chaeyoung, how are you liking math class?" Dahyun teased as she nudged my side.

  "Oh, yeah, aren't you in Mina's math class now?" Tzuyu asked. I nodded my head.

  "You didn't answer my question, Chae," Dahyun smirked.

  "I-uh- math...yeah...math is fun," I stumbled over every word and my voice was shaking the entire time. I know she's going to bring up Mina.

  "Why are you stuttering? It wouldn't have to do with a certain someone, would it?" Dahyun playfully giggled. Basically, the whole table let out small giggles as well.

  "Um...no- I mean," I cleared my throat, "No, it would not."

  "Not even...Mina~?" Everyone chuckled at this.

  My face heated up a lot. Deep breaths didn't help, it just made my situation more obvious. I really can't hide it now.

  Tzuyu chimed in, "Looks like someone's crushing on the new girl~" I tried to refute her point but I couldn't. When I opened my mouth only small gasps came out. I couldn't even talk, that how embarrassed I was.

  They all giggled way louder now. It was less of a giggle and instead a loud sea of laughter. I mean...they all would have figured out one way or another. I just didn't realize how obvious I made it. Still, I'm so not going to forgive Dahyun or Tzuyu for this.

  "It was love at first sight," Tzuyu chimed in. She was recounting what had happened at the park that evening. She gave a clear look of being deep in thought.

  "How do you know?" Jihyo wondered.

  "I was there when they first met. She stumbled over her words and was blushing like a maniac. She fell as soon as she saw her," Tzuyu laughed slightly. Others followed suit.

  "I'm actually pretty good friends with Mina and her friends, Momo, and Sana. I was the first person that Momo really talked to," Jihyo directed that towards me with a smile, "Sana talked to me about wanting to go to Rosé's party tonight. I'm sure Momo and Mina will be there too. Why don't we all go and be Mina and Chaeyoung's matchmakers for the night?"

  "I'm in!" Nayeon said.

  "Same," Jeongyeon, Dahyun, and Tzuyu said at the exact same time.

  "Do I have a choice?" I groaned.

  "Nope!" Everyone laughed in unison.

  School ended quickly as I anticipated the party tonight. Dahyun and I went home as soon as possible due to my desire to be at my best for Mina. My previous impressions that I've left on her were less than ideal. I was always a stuttering wreck who didn't expect to see the elegant beauty. This time I plan to be prepared, well-spoken, and I'll try to match her elegance.

  As soon as we got home I went to my room. My eyes made immediate contact with my closet door which I gladly opened. Scanning through my closet I found a nice pair of black tight pants, a red, slightly oversized button-down, and a black tee-shirt to go under the button down. It was simple but for a party, it would work perfectly. To go along with it I wore some simple black and red converse. I quickly took a shower and got changed into the new outfit. Needless to say, I think she'll dig it.

  I heard tons of movement downstairs. Plates, pots, and pans clanging were loudly ringing through the apartment. Dahyun's probably trying to make dinner or something down there. It wouldn't be a bad idea to check on her.

  I walked out of the room to check on what my roommate was up to. I was met with a casual looking Dahyun. She wore a purple skirt and a white tee with white shoes. Nothing out of the ordinary, and yet, she managed to make it look like a one of a kind designer outfit. She turned as soon as she saw me looking at her. I gave her a smile and raised my hand, imitating a wave. She gave me a smile as well and continued working in the kitchen.

  "What are you cooking, Dubu?" I giggled, taking a seat on the couch in the living room.

  "Kimbap, it's simple but fast, therefore perfect for dinner tonight. It's almost ready so take a seat at the table," Dahyun turned back to her cooking and signaled for me to sit down. I happily did so, looking forward to her meal. Normally I'm the one who cooks so this is a pleasant surprise.

  All of a sudden we both heard loud knocking on the door. Dahyun and I looked at each other curiously. Since she was still cooking I went to go open the door. I slowly opened it up and in came a small flood of people. Thankfully they were my friends but both Dubu and me were super surprised.

  Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Nayeon all flopped on the couch. Tzuyu sat on the recliner. I was kinda forced to stand.

  "Loose track of time?" Nayeon asked me. I hummed in a questioning tone before looking down at my phone to check the time. 6:40.

  "Yeah, guess we did," I turned to Dahyun to see if she was done with the kimbap which she nodded to.

  "Let's go!" Jeongyeon yelled to us all. She swiped the kimbap from the kitchen and shoved one in her mouth before leading us all down the stairs and to her car.

  Time to win Mina's heart, or die trying!

It took forever to get to this point but get ready for tons of MiChaeng interactions in the following chapters. I hope these 12 chapters were worth the wait! -Mikey