Second Meeting and Connections

The audience dispersed so now it was just Tzuyu and me.

  "What was that?" Tzuyu asked looking at me with an eyebrow raised and a smirk.

  "What was what?" I said back, unsure what the heck she meant.

  "You stuttered constantly and when you weren't stuttering you had a super shaky voice. Plus your face is all red," She replied, keeping the same expression on her face.

  "I-uh. I don't know what you're talking about!" I denied.

  "Mhmm. Say that when you propose to her."

  "WHAT?! CHOU TZUYU, DO ME A FAVOR AND SHUT UP...please."

  She slightly laughed before getting up from her seat and looking at the time. She sighed, "It's late, I gotta go." I nodded and waved goodbye to her.

  I decided to check the time as well. 8 o'clock. Dahyun and I were supposed to meet at 8. Guess I gotta run too.

I stood up and made my way to the Lion fountain by the entrance, the place where Dahyun and I were supposed to meet. After walking into that area of the park I instantly saw her. She was sitting down on the bench closest to the entrance. Next to her sat the silhouette of a girl. As I walked closer I saw who it was. To my complete and utter surprise, the girl was the angel who I drew just mere minutes earlier.

This realization made me hesitant to walk closer. My heart rate steadily increased along with the temperature of my body, mostly my face. I took a deep breath in then out and walked towards my friend and the mysterious Mina.

Before I fully made my way over to the girls Dahyun noticed me. She looked at me with her massive smile and her arms flailing in the air. I couldn't tell if she was signaling me over or imitating someone who's drowning. After seeing that odd sight I jogged the rest of the way over there.

As I jogged, I noticed Mina looking at me as well. She looked kind of confused and looked at me then at Dahyun and back at me. I heard a small "eh?" from her which was absolutely adorable.

Finally, I stood in front of the two of them. "How was the park?" I asked Dahyun.

"Absolutely beautiful. We should come here more, Chae," She said gleefully.

Mina looked at Dahyun and said in a soft voice, "She's the artist that I told you about."

Dahyun laughed, "Can't say I'm surprised. She draws all the time. She's always drawing, singing, dancing, or writing down original lyrics. The little strawberry princess is full of talent. I'm not sure where she keeps it all in that tiny body."

Mina let out an "ooh" as if she was impressed by my apparent plethora of talent followed by a laugh due to Dubu's ending joke.

We are basically the same height, Dahyun. I muttered while looking at the ground. No one heard, thankfully.

"How do you know each other?" I questioned.

"We all go to the same school. She's new and transferred quite recently so I doubt you've gotten the chance to see her in the halls. Somehow the two of us are in all of the same classes. Kinda crazy, I know, but cool nonetheless," Dahyun answered.

  S-same school? How haven't I noticed her? Stupid brain, blocking out true beauty from my vision. Now I'm unsure if I should be overly excited or overly nervous to go to school tomorrow.

She looked at the two of us for a while. "Why not get properly introduced?" She said, still flickering her sight between us. We both awkwardly nodded in unison. "Mkay! Son Chaeyoung meet Myoui Mina. And Myoui Mina meet Son Chaeyoung."

That was brief.

Mina extended her hand with a smile, looking up at me. I took hold of her hand and shook it politely. While doing that I felt my heartbeat go way quicker again. Her hand in mine...it felt so natural and special at the same time. Odd, oh so odd.

"Nice to meet you again, Son Chaeyoung," Mina said as she shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Myoui Mina," I said in response without stuttering. I was oddly proud of speaking in front of her without any shakiness in my voice.

"Wow, it looks like it's getting late. Separate your hands, lovebirds. We have school tomorrow," Dahyun cut our hand-holding time short. Mina quickly pulled her hand out of mine and I did the same thing. We both laughed awkwardly. Dahyun gave us a disappointed look and looked down. She got up and nearly dragged me along with her to go out of the park.