Instagram Stories

Mina's POV

My sleepy, heavy eyes slowly fluttered open, greeting the light of day that peaked through my window. My forehead felt as though someone had put a thousand elastic bands around it in an attempt to make it burst. I instantly raised my hand up to forehead as I groaned in pain. Why does everything hurt?

I took the covers off of my aching body to get out of bed. Instead of pajamas I had on a form fitting blue dress. Beside my feet was a pair of black high heal shoes that were spread apart from each other as though I was rushing to get them off or too disoriented to put them next to each other. That made a few memories flood back to me, most notably going to some party with Momo and Sana. Aside from getting out of the car and my reluctance to go I remember nothing.

  Bzzt bzzt bzzzzzzt

  My phone began making a ruckus from my night stand. I reached over to see what was up.
————————————————————————

Momoring

Did u see everyone's story???

————————————————————————
    I just woke up...she expects me to be on Instagram by now? I'd prefer not to deal with people in the real world nor online in the first few minutes that I'm awake. Oh well.
————————————————————————

Momoring

Did u see everyone's story???

Not yet.
Whats wrong with them?

Just check now. Btw i never
posted it.I didnt write
or make it at all.
Luv u xx

Okayy...Love you too xx

————————————————————————
What's she defending herself for? More importantly what are people saying in regards to me...? I decided to get dressed and ready for the day before I figure out what the people at school did now.

I went to the restroom and did all that had to be done in there. When I got out I looked through my closet for something suitable to wear for a (hopefully) relaxing day. My headache and on-off dizziness made it difficult to sort through my plethora of shirts, shorts, dresses, skirts, sweaters, hoodies, and whatever else is in my closet. In the end I decided on a baggy black sweater paired with cuffed ripped light blue jeans. It was comfy and casual, perfect for a lazy day.

I went downstairs which was a difficult task in my state. As soon as that death defying stunt was over I flopped down on the couch and turned on the tv for background noise. The news came on and I just left it there. I opened my phone to be met with more of Momo's texts.
————————————————————————

Momoring

Did you see it yet?

Hello????

How about now?

Don't kill them alright

I would have tried to
get them to take it down
right away but I was
busy parting I guess

I'll protect you at school
tho. I'm so sorry for not
stopping it from spreading
earlier
————————————————————————
  All of her texts were sent within three minutes. Her adamancy both scared and intrigued me. I shakily opened up the Instagram app and logged in. Instantly I was flooded with dm's and dm requests from random people. My requests were mostly middle aged foreign men telling me I'm pretty, or the scammer accounts that give you links to shady adult websites. Decline. Decline. Decline.

  Amidst the scammers and creepy 50 year olds was a dm from a familiar face. The username was strawberry_princess. Her profile picture was a very well edited picture of a certain short Korean girl with a crown on that had strawberries and silhouettes of lion cubs instead of jewels on it. There was no mistaking who the message was from. Son Chaeyoung, how did you get my @?
————————————————————————

strawberry_princess

hey Mina.
My friends and like everyone
posted that story of
us and some people
tagged u so I sorta got
ur @... im so sorry
that they posted that...
or that that happened....

u remember last night?
no ones telling me anything
about it when I ask.
maybe we can figure it
out together by putting
our memories together :)
————————————————————————
I close the messages with the intention of answering after I see what my lovely school mates posted. My fingers move straight to the icons of all of my friends right below the Instagram logo on the home screen. Every icon has the purple to orange gradient around it. Hesitantly, I tap on an icon at random.

I could feel my hand uncontrollably shake as the video went on. In the end my heart dropped. My face flushed red. My headache pounded. My vision blurred. My being went in to a full state of confusion and shock along with a bit of happiness but only from the memories that were flooding back.

The video shows a crowd of people all holding some sort of alcohol. They are all dancing or doing other things in an intoxicated manner. There's a break in between the crowd of people that shows two girls in the center of it all. They are standing very close to one another. One of the taller's arms rested on the shorter's shoulder whilst the other held her waist. The shorter stood shocked. The taller, after much hesitation, went in for a kiss which the shorter reciprocated with shock at first but she took control later. The taller girl removed one arm from the shorter's waist and moved it to her shoulders and wrapped both arms around her neck. The shorter put both arms around the talker's waist and pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. As this went on a chant developed from behind the screen. "MiChaeng! MiChaeng! MiChaeng!" progressively grew louder from behind the screen but apparently not loud enough for the two girls, enchanted by each other and the passion of the moment, to hear.

My mind was filled with this memory after the video ended. I remember that one part of last night so clearly now. It was a fantastic feeling. Her lips on mine. Her hands on my waist. My arms wrapped around her neck. The sparks that flew around us in the moment. We both completely forgot about the others around us, a mistake I'll never make again.

A few weeks ago I was some new girl. Now I'm still seen as the new girl but now I'll be known as the drunken lesbian as well. I'll be a laughing stock. And if my parents find out the I'll be dead for sure. But yet...I can't say that I regret kissing her. No...I don't regret a second of that crazy evening.

It's been soooo long since the last update. All I'll say is that this school year I've gone from a school that's a lot like a private school to a public school. It's a big transition to go through. Also I'm in all honors classes meaning tons of homework and I'm also in band, learning a new instrument is difficult. This all leaves very little time for me to write this story even though it is a pride and joy of mine. I promise to all of you that I'll update more often. Also thank you all sooooooo much for 1k reads! I thought getting 100 was amazing. This is incredible. I want to do a whole thank you chapter but we'll see :P -Mikey