Falling For Each Other

Mina gave me a slight side-mouthed smile and raised her hand, imitating a wave. The temperature in the room felt like it went up countless degrees. Geez, I'm probably all red now...

The girl that previously whispered in her ear pushed her towards me. It was a pretty rough push too, from her facial expression it seemed as though she didn't mean for it to be anywhere near that aggressive.

Mina ended up losing her balance as she was pushed. Her eyes were wide open and her arms flailed around as she tried to get her balance back. Sadly none of that worked and she tumbled over towards me. I was basically frozen. What was I meant to do in this dire situation?

My thought process was cut short by a body falling on top of me. I fell back and crashed on to the tile floor. The back of my head hit the brick wall. Thankfully my head wasn't hit too hard but it still hurt quite a bit.

Mina's right hand was on my shoulder, the other held my waist. Her head was right at the bottom of my rib cage. Her chin dug into the middle of my torso. She looked up at me with these large sparkling puppy eyes. Hair covered half of her face. The hand that was on my waist lifted up and she took her hair and put it behind her ear. She stared at me like a deer in headlights, never breaking eye contact.

"Uh...hey," I raised my hand and waved awkwardly. The position we were in was really not the best for our third ever interaction.

"Heh...I-...um..." Mina muttered still looking at me, "Hi, Chaeyoung."

"Who's that?" I heard Jihyo mutter.

"That's the new girl, her name's Mina or something," a girl in my class, Jennie, said in a sort of loud whisper.

I broke eye contact with Mina and looked around at us. Tons of people were around us, exchanging confused looks and gossiping. Some had their phones out and were taking pictures. Others simply laughed and whispered in their friend's ears. Needless to say, I was embarrassed and I had to get out of this situation fast.

I looked over to Jihyo, Tzuyu, and Dahyun. They all laughed...what else would I expect?

"Looks like we gathered quite the crowd," I jokingly said to Mina.

She looked behind her and saw all the people. I felt her heart rate increase. It truly felt as though her heart beat out of her chest. Her hand on my shoulder squeezed tighter and began shaking. Saying that I was worried would be an understatement. She looked back at me with a worried and shocked expression. Immediately, she gained her composure and looked like nothing bothered her. Yet, I still felt her hand shake and squeeze my shoulder.

The hand on my shoulder lifted and went beside me. She used this to push herself up. She stood up, checked herself to make sure was okay, then held her hand out towards me. I just laid in shock. How did she go from being completely flustered to being elegant and unbothered in seconds? Now I was completely flustered. I looked back at my friends. Jihyo nodded with a grin, the others looked like they were hiding back laughter.

  I looked at Mina again and saw her hand still reaching towards me. My hand met hers and she pulled me up. I looked at her beautiful eyes the entire time. I got absolutely lost in them. Her hand touching mine didn't help.

  A few giggles could be heard from the crowd around us. My head snapped towards them. The two girls that Mina stood with before were laughing and taking pictures. I turned towards my three friends. They were now joined by two of my other friends, Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon was laughing extremely hard and Nayeon was on the floor laughing, wheezing, and slapping the ground.

Thanks, guys...really helping the situation.

  I looked down and saw that Mina's hand was still in mine. She looked down too. My head snapped up quickly and I looked straight at her with wide eyes. She slowly looked up at me and we both pulled our hands away from one another.

  "Nice seeing you again. Next time we meet I'll be sure to catch you," I joked with an awkward laugh.

  "T-That would be great. I'll see you around...I guess," Mina said to me. Even though she tried to be composed she totally failed. Her cheeks were semi flushed and her breath was shaky.

  I walked to my friend with my head down. She did the same. The crowd still hasn't disbanded. They stared at Mina or at me as we went to our friends. Needless to say, we were both extremely embarrassed, though as Mina walked she became less flustered and more elegant as if nothing had just happened.

  Nayeon patted my back, "Chaeyoung, that was easily the least smooth thing that I've ever seen...and I've seen Jeongyeon try to flirt!"

  "HEY, THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!" Jeongyeon snapped back, she slapped Nayeon's shoulder with a lot of force, "What she means to say is that you have no game," she followed up laughing.

  "Is this how she was last night, Tzuyu?" Dahyun asked with genuine concern showing on her face.

  "No...this is an upgrade," Tzuyu made the group burst out into laughter. Everyone was cracking up but me. I had my head down the whole time.

  Why did this have to happen to me of all people..?

  This story has received far more attention than I anticipated. While writing this chapter the story has surpassed 120 reads, it's gained 12 votes, and it's on rising under the "MiChaeng" hashtag. Thank you all for giving me this support. I promise to improve my writing as we go along. Also, it's highly likely that I will edit and revise the previous chapters as I get better at writing so you may want to look out for that. Okay, that's all, thank you all so very much! -Mikey