Sana's Teasing

Mina and I made our way to the bustling dance floor. There were tons of people all in a wobbly looking circle. They would chant people's names and push them inside the circle, forcing them to dance. Sometimes, more than one name would be called. It would be a combination of two or three people's names, kind of like a ship name. It was a sort of humiliating practice but humorous nonetheless.

Right now, Jimin was in the middle making a complete fool of himself. It was obvious that he wasn't in his clear mind as his dance moves were more like arms flying around and his legs wobbling. Still, he seemed to be enjoying himself and his performance was absolutely hilarious.

I felt a hand place itself on my shoulder. I looked over to Mina, she had a hand in hers too, she looked as shocked as I did. From the crowd behind us emerged a wonky acting squirrel and dancer. Mina lit up at the sight of her friends. They had the same enthusiasm...well actually farrrr more.

"Hey! How are you guys?" Sana said peppily. She made an attempt to whisper the next part,"How's it going Minari~?" She nudged her arm with a wink and eye brow raise.

I loudly whispered back to her,"You're a bad whisperer~" Sana hung her head and pouted as Momo, Mina, and I laughed. Sana let out a slight giggle as well.

"We're doing just fine. What's up with you two?" The quiet penguin said.

"Ooo we're having a greattt night! I already flirted with like..." Sana started counting on her fingers but gave up when she got passed 20,"a lottttt of girls. You know, there's this one, Dahyun, she's really cute. Like really cute, like once in a life time kind of cute!"

"Sanaconda..." Momo muttered just loud enough for me to catch.

Mina looked over my way. She gave me a sort of,"are they for real?" type of look. Of all the people that Sana actually is attracted to it's my best friend and Mina's good friend. What made it even weirder is that they've never properly met before so Sana had no clue that the three of us were connected.

  I caught Mina's glance and we both bursted out in laughter. Sana and my best friend Dahyun? Wow... I didn't even knew that Dubu swung that way. That's what matters the least though, I just...Sana and Dahyun?! Mina must've been thinking along a line similar to mine due to her laugh at our wordless exchange.

  Sana's eyes darted across the room. The corners of her mouth turned up and her face got a more pinkish hue to it. Her eyes became brighter. We all followed her eyes to whatever she was staring at. To my surprise it was a certain pale, piano prodigy, roommate of mine.

  Sana turned to us, her face still in that super elated state,"That's my cue, see ya later! Also, good luck Minari!" She walked away. As she did so she combed her fingers through her hair in a nervous fashion.

  "I gotta make sure that nothing, like, HAPPEN happens...if you catch my drift," Momo sighed and walked towards Dubu and Sana but she stopped before either would notice her presence near them.

  We stood in a comfortable silence, or as silent as it could be at a party. Neither of us spoke. I looked up at her. She looked down at me. We both just stood and admired the other. Her near black eyes put me in a trance. It was like I was hypnotized by her gaze. I broke free of the spell, only to look at her other beautiful features. There's not a single imperfection on her. Not one.

  My mind wandered which lead it the things that Sana said. "Good luck Minari" "Hows it going Minari". When she said both of these it was barely sincere. It was more like teasing. I wonder what that's about.

  "What did Sana mean when she said how's it going and good luck to you?" I questioned her in a genuinely clueless manner.

  Her eyes became wide. I saw nervousness and fear pass through them before she quickly regained her composure. Her face, however, seemed permanently red along with her ears.

  She opened her mouth to speak after taking a long time to get her thoughts together,"It's-um... nothing that you need to worry a-about right now." She avoided my gaze and looked at the floor. It seemed as though it's a touchy subject so I won't push if it makes her uncomfortable. I hope she's able to tell me one day though.

  I decided to make the situation more humorous instead of serious and embarrassing,"It wouldn't have anything to do with meeeee...would it?" I said this in a more hushed tone with a breathy and lower voice than normal.

  This didn't help the situation whatsoever. She became super flustered. Eyes bugged out, face red, I could see that her hand was shaking as well. Well I messed up big time. Before I could make an apology for her she nodded yes. I was taken aback.

   Yes??? Well it can't be anything good, she doesn't think of me in the same way I think of her. How did I screw things up this time? I thought that maybe I had a chance for love now.

  Oh...I got it. Mina might think of me in a negative light and I've stuck her with me all night. She's probably hating this. I should go with my friends. Yeah...let her be. Don't bother her. Her happiness is my happiness so I'll go if that's what she prefers.

  She must've seen my sad expression as she looked at me with care. Her brow furrowed at my sudden display of unpleasant emotions. I gave her a weak smile to signify that I'm alright.

  "I-I'll go find my friends now...'kay?" I weakly said as my painful thoughts took over. They flooded my brain. They were poison to my body but if it's true then I must face it.

  "Wait...what?" Mina replied confused and seemingly sad as well. Her expression is caring but probably just because she's a nice person. She's always kind to everyone, that's just how it is. Don't over think things, Chae. Quit over thinking things.

  "S-see you tomorrow," I started walking away with my head down.

  I heard a sigh from behind me. A sigh full of loss, sadness, annoyance, and conflict. An arm wrapped itself around my neck. It wasn't rough but instead more passionate and delicate. In a manner, a suspenseful manner, the arm turned my head and body back towards where I once stood. Mina was the arm's owner. She draped one arm on my shoulder. Her hand was dangling behind my neck. The other hand snaked around my waist. I felt a strange tingling sensation throughout my body. I was frozen in place, unsure what to do. Her actions made me excited, happy, and even a bit scared. Before I could think of anything else my thoughts were cut off...

Suspense...
So hello dear reader! School just started two days ago. Ya boi is in all honors classes but that means that I have loads of homework every night. That leaves less time for recreational writing. I'll try my hardest to update as often as possible but I'm also trying to not fail high school, ya dig? -Mikey