4. Captain's orders.

LOCATION: THE TRISKELION, CONTROL ROOM. (WASHINGTON D.C)

 »»————- ✼ ————-««  

The S.T.R.I.K.E leader walked over to Cameron's seat, issuing orders that left no doubt that he too, -and most likely his entire team-, were HYDRA as well. Magna looked to her out the corner of her eye, and noticed Sharon's head imperceptibly tilt to him, in unspoken signal. 

— Preempt the launch sequence.- he barked immediately. — Send those ships up, now!- the young tech hesitated visibly, which made Rumlow very angry. — Is there a problem?- he demanded to know, and Cameron looked at him, then back at the computer. There was irritation in Rumlow's voice, and very little patience left.

— I'm...-  Klein stuttered, shaking his head nervously and placing his hands on his lap. Cameron trembled as he couldn't bring himself to answer, his fear taking control of his body and tightening his throat.

— Is there a problem?!- Rumlow repeated with a louder tone and all eyes were on Cameron, agents waiting to see what he'd do. Sharon moved slowly, approaching Klein's console.

Magna's feet moved backwards tentively, remaining out of sight, right behind one of Rumlow's men. She was sure the S.T.R.I.K.E member's position was deliberately meant to cover Brock's nine o'clock.

— I'm sorry, sir.- Klein took a few deep, nervous breaths before continuing. — I'm not gonna launch those ships.- despite knowing the risk, Cameron was willing to die to do the right thing, as Cap's words and convictions -ideals which he shared-, inspired him. Shivering, he heard Rumlow release an audible sigh, as if gathering some self-control. — Captain's orders.

Klein said those words, letting everyone in the room know where his loyalties lay, feeling a newfound sense of relief washing over him. However, simmultaneously, a wave of rage came over Rumlow. 

The unmistakable sound of a round being chambered came just before the muzzle of the handgun was pressed against the back of his head. Brock had pulled his Glock 17, aiming it directly at the back of Cameron's head.

— Move away from your station.- before he had a chance to follow through his initial plan, Sharon ran in with her trusty FNP-45 tactical already drawn. 

Like he said...- without hesitation, Magna and all the other OP agents followed their colleague's cue and drew their weapons, aiming at S.T.R.I.K.E/HYDRA members, trusting Agent 13 and her leadership abilities, for better or for worse.

 »»————- ✼ ————-«« 

 »»————- ✼ ————-«« 

Both sides waited to see how the situation between Sharon and Rumlow would develop, and Magna adjusted her position behind the S.T.R.I.K.E member. He hadn't adverted her presence at all, and that was exactly what she needed. When she noticed him reaching instinctively for his gun, she pressed hers against the back of his skull, startling him.