30. Atlas.

𝔸/ℕ: A little message to my readers:

Hey there. I know I don't usually write long notes before chapters, but I've been meaning to do this for a while now and these past few weeks have given me the final push. 

I don't remember sharing my name with you guys, but it is Julieta. As we all know, the pandemic has brought an enormous amount of sadness and difficulties worldwide, and here in Argentina we are no exception.

About nine months ago I moved to Buenos Aires, which is a city 6 hours away from my childhood home. I haven't seen my loved ones since February, and I have been doing  quarantine in a small one bedroom aparment. Isolation has been very tricky for me --as for many others, I know; Lately I've found myself missing my mother, father and brother a lot. I fear for the safety of my grandparents, and for everyone out there. I only leave my place when I run out of food and to go to work, but being outside has been triggering anxieties for me, so I don't really enjoy going out anymore.

Writing "Trust My Heart" makes me happy. It makes me excited. I get to disconnect my brain from worries and shape the universe of characters that I truly care about. When y'all leave me comments it makes my entire day, I swear. You have no idea how much it helps me, the community aspect of this platform. Even if there's no comments, the views number go up and it warms my heart to see other people reading. Thank you. Escapism or not. Thank you, for that support. Unbeknownst to you... there are days when I feel so lonely I lean on stories written by people like me; then I go back and read the lovely comments on mine. It's so nice. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

In addition to my mental health struggles, the news of Chadwick's passing shook me to my core. If you love Marvel, then I bet you appreciate him. I for sure do. He left a legacy, at such a young age. His absence is felt all around the globe. So to everyone out there grieving him, I'm sending you love, and strength. Let's never forget him, let's keep his memory alive. And fight for what he stood for.

Stay safe, everyone. These are very dark times, and the only way to get through it is together. x

-- Julieta.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

LOCATION: CITADEL, GOLDEN CITY - WAKANDA

1: 03 AM - UNDERGROUND GYM

Magna glanced at the gym clock. It was past one already, she realized, so the two decided to call it a night. Slowly, she gathered up all her things, and Bucky did the same. Within a few minutes they started out the door. He walked in silence, pondering what to do next. Shoud he walk her home? Was that the proper thing to do?

She sighed and glanced up at the line of sky visible between the tall buildings. The stars twinkled, bright and hopeful. It was quiet that night, no signs of staff, guards or any of the other residents of the Palace, silence spreading out in a wave through the Citadel. Meanwhile, Bucky just stood there, awkwardly. The latter was ready to leave her there, but just as he was about to turn around and start for the opposite way, the sound of Magna's voice halted his movements.

— Well, I don't know about you,- her eyes glittered bright with challenge as she looked up at him, and for a moment he thought his heart stopped beating. — ... but I'm starving.