Ellipsis.

PART 1

»»————- ✼ ————-««

LOCATION: HYDRA SIBERIAN FACILITY - SIBERIA, RUSSIA. 

8 DAYS EARLIER

Bucky reached out an arm for Steve to help him up, the two grimacing in pain at each movement. Taking as much of his old friend's weight as he could, the blonde soldier brought Bucky to his feet. Half carrying, half-dragging the wounded man, Steve picked his way past the snow and dark hallways of the Russian HYDRA facility, taking his best friend away from the chaos.

They pried open the steel doors at the top with difficulty, coldness washing over them as soon as the two stepped outside. The frosty Siberian air that flowed paralyzed Bucky to the core, almost like it was poisonous, but he pulled through. Upon emerging, Steve spotted a dark figure in the distance, walking in their direction. 

T'Challa.

He'd found them. He'd found Buck.

T'Challa wore his Black Panther uniform, though he did so without the feline head piece; the vibranium enhanced suit clearly protecting him from the weather. At the sight of potential trouble, Steve halted and swallowed. A defeated sigh escaped Bucky's bloody mouth as the tired sargeant took a deep breath of resignation. With every muscle tense for action, Steve stepped hesitantly forward, towards the King. He didn't know what T'Challa's intentions were, and to his own displeasure, he'd just unknowingly delivered Bucky right at his feet, facilitating his best friend's arrest. 

It was only when he caught movement with his peripheral vision that he realized they were not alone. Steve turned to see Zemo staring at him with a blank expression. The criminal was tied to a rock, his wrists and ankles bound and his mouth gagged. Much to Steve's surprise, despite having been caught, Zemo looked completely calm.

— T'Challa ...- Steve's frost blue eyes turned on the man with wariness, calmly warning T'Challa to not move. However, the King surprised the two soldiers and nodded amicably before speaking.

— Do not worry, Captain. Zemo will not be going anywhere.- T'Challa's tone was formal and laced with a hint of shame as he glanced at the Sokovian criminal. Then, he approached slowly, focusing his solemn gaze on Bucky's face. — Sargeant Barnes... I wanted to apologize to you for all that has happened.

T'Challa pursed his lips in a gesture full of regret and all Bucky managed to do through the pain was return an attentive gaze. 

— I believed you to be responsible for my father's murder, but I now know his death was the result of Zemo's machinations. -shaking his head dissapprovingly, the King's eyes lingered on Steve's face for a moment before continuing with his apology to Bucky. — It was you and Captain America who led me to uncover this truth. And for that I wanted to offer you my assistance. -Steve looked at Bucky and at the King, eyes wide with wonder, a puzzled frown on his brow, confused as to how T'Challa could help them. — The mental programming you were enforced to endure, transforming you into a HYDRA assasin...- his voice trailed off, and for a fleeting moment the man's gaze turned distant. — ... I may know of someone in Wakanda who can assist in purging your mind of it.

— I.. I don't know what to say.- he muttered, his voice sounding both raspy and dumbfounded. Relief washed over Bucky in waves, who immediately showed his deference by gently bobbing his head. — Thank you.