33. Happy birthday.

𝔸/ℕ: Here it is. 10.000 words as a way of compensating you guys for my absence. A month is definitely the longest I've gone without posting and trust me, I feel super guilty!! Work has been crazy lately, I'm swamped. And as if that wasn't enough, my Internet router kept acting up, and then it literally DIED for an entire week --so, I couldn't write. This chapter is perhaps unnecessarily long, I know, but I had way too many ideas lol

I really hope you like it! xx

J-

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

LOCATION: CITADEL - GOLDEN CITY, WAKANDA

6 DAYS LATER

Bucky shut his eyes. He began on the cheek, tracing his fingers, following an invisible pattern across her skin. Smooth. A map he knew he'd be able to recall in all its detail years from now. The former soldier felt the tightness of her almond eyelid, the silky skin directly beside it, with its tiny dots. Her mouth was warm and moist, and when he touched it, she bit her lower lip. He tried to "see" her face in that way, to form a picture with clues only from his hand. The image was different, Bucky thought, than the one his eyes saw. Her skin felt fuller, her lips plumper. He let his hand trail under her chin to her throat, let his fingers rest in the hollow there. Then, the latter traced the exposed line of her shoulders.

The following movement caught her by surprise. He brought Magna's hand to his own face, to his cheek, in an unnatural gesture. Bucky had the weight of her fingers in his, but when he let his own hand go, she left hers on his skin and breathed deeply. 

At first Magna seemed paralyzed, and he was about to reach up when she moved her fingertips slowly across his cheekbone to the bridge of his nose, the way he did moments prior, the exact same journey he had taken. He closed his eyes and felt her contact move toward his brow. The touch was very slow, very light, very tentative. She traced his hairline down one side, paused, moved up again to the brow and down the other side. Magna seemed about to pull away then, but didn't. The latter moved her hand up toward the eyebrows, and delicately she brushed her fingers against his eyelids.

Her touch was cool air moving across his face. She skimmed down along the bones of his nose to his mouth. The brunette outlined his lips, smoothing her fingers across them, then dipped under his chin to his throat, causing in Bucky a deep internal shiver. The latter knew that she probably felt him shiver, but Magna gave no sign of recognition. She fingered the collar of his shirt instead, trailed her hand along the bridge of his shoulders and let it drift away, closing her eyes with a sigh.