12. Where to?

»»————- ✼ ————-««

MEANWHILE...

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

LOCATION: WASHINGTON D.C - UNITED STATES

18 DAYS AFTER THE AIRPORT BATTLE

It had been a little over a week since Fury left Magna's apartment with nothing but a vague reminder that she'd be contacted soon and more details about the mission and her next move would be briefed.

Freshly showered and in her usual attire of black slacks, white t-shirt and black leather jacket, - faux, of course-, she couldn't seem to get rid of her scowl as she flipped through the TV channels, in somewhat of a daze, impatiently tapping the heel of one of her black velvet boots on the floor, not finding anything that interested her. Tap, tap, tap, it went. Tap, tap, tap.

She opted for a court show, and laughed at the antics of the judge as she pulled out a cigarette from its red and white cardboard box. However, soon her attention wandered again. Her inability to focus on one thing for long was a symptom of her bad mood, and she felt restless. Finally stopping on a news station, her attention was snared by the live broadcast. Magna sighed, turning the volume up before lighting up the cig.

The chosen location where the U.N Assembly would be taking place in Austria was, obviously, a temporary one, as the bombed original U.N. building was still shattered and its process of re-construction had barely commenced. On screen, several assembly members were moving around the room preparing for the meeting.

Suddenly, a hush fell over the hall as Wakandans entered and walked up to the center pit. It was T'Challa, flanked by Nakia, Okoye and Ayo.

My name is King T'Challa, son of King T'Chaka. I am the sovereign ruler of the Nation of Wakanda and for the first time in our history, we will be sharing our knowledge and resources with the outside world. Wakanda will no longer watch from the shadows. We cannot, we must not.

She listened to the King's solemn voice, feeling a sudden tightness expand within her. Magna arose with her cigarette dangling from her lips and turned to the table, smiling softly as she walked. She glanced at the unlabelled box -already previously opened- picking it up and inspecting it yet again. Behind her, on screen, the meeting continued. 

Out of his mouth, T'Challa compelled the words from the depths of his chest. He looked down at his hands and when the King looked up again, his intense stare had returned.

... We will work to be an example of how we as brothers and sisters on this Earth should treat each other. Now more than ever, illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us.