31. Join the damn club.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

2014

LOCATION: VALENCIA - SPAIN

— Ready?- Magna asked lowly, waiting, and felt her heart thudding as if she were afraid. 

This could be it. The moment they finally found him. He could very well be on the other side of that door. Yeah, sure... her mind bitterly commented.

— I am if you are.- Sam smirked, watching as she plucked a bobby pin from her pocket and approached the door knob cautiously. He wondered, briefly, if she always carried bobby pins in her pocket and if they ever made it to her hair. 

They had been chasing that lead for the past week. Eventually, Sam and Magna found a plausible location, but after the Italy fiasco the two didn't really care to keep their hopes up. Not too much, at least. Bucky Barnes was always one step ahead; it felt like the tracking was reciprocated, as if the latter was keeping tabs on them too, but they couldn't be sure. Whichever was the reason for their continuous failure, the man on the run mas making sure he wasn't found by anyone -- and he was succeeding, by the way.

Needless to say, Magna was a little bit more concerned about what might unfold once they came across the guy. She expected resistance, of course, -- Barnes was a wanted man, after all--, or a violent display of some sorts. Would they be able to convince him to trust their intentions? Would Bucky be willing to listen to them? Would he try to kill them instead and run away again? Was he even behind that door? 

There was only one way to find out.

— Here goes nothing...- mumbled the brunette through the bobby pin that she held between her lips before snapping it in half.

Without a word Sam witnessed Magna kneeling down and beginning to vigorously work the lock with the hair accessory. She was excellent at it, a talent that would result in uncharacteristically short and uncommonly tense showers for Sam. The young woman was a prankster, and he was definitely too old to become the target of her moments of boredom. The prospect of Magna locking him up in a bathroom, naked, was terrifying.

As one of his eyebrow rose, she looked up at him and rolled her eyes, defensively clenching her jaw.

— My mom used to lose her keys a lot...- she mumbled by a way of explanation. As if she needed to lie. He simply chuckled and shook his head, allowing her to work her magic without interrupting her with witty remarks.