32. New life, new expectations.

𝔸/ℕ: Writer's block is a bitch. I'm so sorry. Lately I've been struggling with writing for myself instead of just to meet other people's expectations. I needed to stop with the deadlines I kept pushing myself to meet and simply write because I want to. Of course I want people to read this book, but this was always about having fun. It's not a job, I'm not getting paid to do this. It's all because I love writing + Bucky Barnes, lol. So yeah, I apologize for not posting sooner. 

I'm still polishing the following chapter, which is Magna's birthday, (not so) coincidentally, my own too. My inital plan was posting the chapter on the actual day, but that date has already come and gone lol Would you like Mags and Bucks to kiss any time soon, by the way? Because I really feel like it's time......... so stay tuned.....

Julieta. x

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

LOCATION: WAKANDA, RIVER TRIBE - MEDICINE HUTS

THE NEXT DAY

By the time Magna woke up, Bucky was already up and dressed for farm work. The two quickly ate fruit for breakfast in pleasant silence and then headed toward the barn. She stepped off the hut onto grass that was still wet from dew, although the morning was beginning to warm up quickly, and followed him with a sense of adventure if only to soothe her curiosity/emotional wounds and lessen her boredom.

Bucky suddenly stopped dead in his tracks and turned around with a light frown.

— Didn't bring a bucket for the water.- he mumbled in a facepalm moment. — Hold on,- was all he said next, and reluctantly walked past her, running back up the trail toward his hut. — ... Be right back!

— Okay...- she said and watched as he disappeared out of sight at the top of the hill.

The brunette decided to get a little closer and stay there until Bucky came back with the water. She made her way to the barn, watching her step on the uneven ground. All her training taught her to wait outside, make herself aware of her surroundings. Magna forced herself to stay calm and lay her back against the wide barn door, hopelessly trying to look as casual as possible.

Outside in the barnyard, she took in several deep breaths of the brisk air and felt invigorated to be outside. The early morning air was crisp and cool, but the sun was warm on her face. She stood there for a moment, with her face to the sky enjoying the sensation. The rays bathed her arms and face, and she drank in the scent of fresh hay.

A few minutes passed and she heard a strange sound come from the barn. Then, silence. Slowly, she opened the door and lingered there, scanning the place. The screeching noise returned. Her face turned immediately and located its source. There was a garrulous goat tied to a bier, and it complained loudly upon seeing Magna. The latter looked about, seeing no signs of Bucky she went into the dark barn and held out a hand to the goat, it bleated piteously. Then, the brunette noticed its problem --the goat had wrapped the rope around its legs so that it was trapped on a short lead, with one leg bent under it. Magna knelt to untangle the animal and it butted her with its head all the while, as if chastising her for its difficulty. She freed the goat, but it lay down instead of going away from her.