8. Avenging stuff.

»»————- ✼ ————-«« 

»»————- ✼ ————-«« 

LOCATION: FIRENZE (FLORENCE)-  TUSCANY,  ITALY. 

1 P.M - McDonald's, Piazza della Stazione.

SIX WEEKS AFTER THE TRISKELION DISASTER

— Seriously?-Magna groaned aloud. Sam watched her from the corner of his eye as she got into the vehicle. She huffed under her breath and turned away to avoid his gaze, looking up at the threatening sky through the window. 

Sam's car smelled like it'd been cleaned recently. The strong aroma of cheap vanilla floated in the air, and it instantly overpowered Magna's senses. She scrunched her nose. Cars and shops streamed past in a blur of color. The gray back of Wilson's vehicle slewed in and out of sight among the traffic ahead. He gave her a quick glance before turning his attention to the traffic ahead.

— Steve's very busy with his own research, covering more ground.- he pulled into the parking lot of a famous red and yellow-building. —  And the guy's also, you know, avenging stuff.- she shot him a cautionary glance, humming.  

— How macho...- Magna said with mock seriousness, staring . — ... but we've been doing this for a month now and found nothing. It's getting ridiculous.- she protested, head tilting with annoyance.

— What happened to "an offer impossible to decline?"- he openly mocked her, whining as if to imitate Magna's voice. She gave him a look that warned him off.

— That was for the coffee, not a Missing Persons case.- Magna rebutted curtly. — And this... this is another cold lead we're chasing.- she let her voice trail off, blinking her eyes slowly. Sam shook his head patiently.

— What, teaming up to track down our guy isn't your definition of vacation? I'm shocked. Can't relate at all.- he goaded in his familiar sarcastic way, and Magna snorted.

— I think the lack of success speaks for itself, Sam.- said the former S.H.I.E.L.D agent, her glare aflame.

— I think you're having fun and you don't wanna admit it.- that got him a stubborn, rebellious scowl which he ignored.— What is it going to be, Mags?- Sam asked as he looked at her, to the drive-thru menu and back again. Magna scratched her cheek hesitantly.

— ... Small fries and water.- she answered begrudgingly.

— Very well.- was all he said. He turned from her, hiding his look of smug triumph and faced the red and yellow speaker.