an intervention

Joe has created a group chat!
group texts
"dacre you are idiot"
eight participants
joe, charlie, dacre, finn, gaten, caleb, noah, alex

dacre
what is this

joe
you need help

alex
major help

finn
think of this as an
intervention

alex
a way to get help
for this problem

gaten
oh and you're an idiot

dacre
I'm not following

charlie
have you and alyx made
anything official

caleb
I'm gonna go out on a
limb and say no

alex
^

dacre
no i guess not
dacre
we aren't in a rush

noah
we as in both of you
or we as in you

alex
since being in LA alyx
has been...impatient

joe
what are you waiting
for

dacre
to do what exactly

finn
TO ASK HER OUT IDIOT!

dacre
OH

charlie
OH is right

dacre
do you think i should ask
while here in LA or

caleb
YES WHAT R U WAITING
FOR

gaten
he's scared

alex
SHE LOVES YOU IDIOT

dacre
why are you all attacking
me, im not scared i just
didn't think about it

joe
have we enlightened you

charlie
have we made you less of an
idiot

dacre
yes

dacre has left the group chat!

joe
that went well

_____________________________
private texts
alyx, dacre
10:05PM

day
do you want to go down
to the beach right now

aly
yes let me tell natty
aly
meet in hotel lobby

day
okay got it

______________________________

Dacre sat waiting for Alyx to come down. He was wearing black jeans and a hoodie. He was nervous although he didn't know why. Alyx told him she loved him, so there was no way she would turn him down. He did t even know what he was going to say. If he was being honest with himself, he kind of hoped that neither of them would have to say anything and they would just become a thing. However, after his 'intervention' he realized how much of an idiot he actually was.  The ball was in his court now.  Alyx already told him that she loved him.  It was his turn to return the favor.
Coming to this realization, Dacre was ready. Alyx came downstairs wearing blue jeans and a black tank top.  She smiled at Dacre as they walked out of the hotel lobby.  They were staying in a hotel near the Los Angeles convention center, so they were ready for comic con tomorrow.  The October air was brisk on Alyx's bare arms.  The two waited for an Uber to arrive for the 34 minute ride to Santa Monica pier. 
   "Why do we always do this?" Alyx said with a smile.  "We don't sleep," Dacre said with a laugh.  The last time they waited for an Uber together, the air was full of possibility.  This time though, both were fully aware of the attraction that both felt for each other.  Dacre watched as their driver pulled up to them.  He grabbed Alyx's hand, and pulled her into the car.  They giggled the entire way to the beach, constantly holding each other's hands and leaning into each other.
"Is this good?" The driver asked. The two answered "yes," before getting out of the car. The beach was pretty empty considering it was almost eleven o'clock at night. The two walked out hand in hand, walking with no destination in mind.  "This beach makes me miss California," Alyx said with a sad smile.  "Why live in New York City, then?" Dacre questioned.  "It's New York City!  It's beautiful and opportunities for Alex and I are there."  "I see," Dacre answered.  The two walked towards the water with their shoes getting sandy in the process.  They were quiet as they reached the shoreline. 
   "What are you thinking about?" Alyx asked innocently.
   "Us," Dacre said truthfully. 
   "Us?" Alyx asked with a nervous squeak.  Their hands were still intertwined.  Alyx was starting to shiver from the cold night air.  Before Dacre spoke again, he pulled his hand away and took his hoodie off.  He helped Alyx get into it before interlocking their hands again. 
   "Remember your birthday?"  Dacre asked.
   "You mean where I confessed my love for you, yes."  Alyx nervously laughed as she sat down on the beach.  Dacre laughed and followed. 
   "Yes, that's the one," Dacre started, "So about that. I think we should do something about what we said to each other."
"Do something?" Alyx asked, confused.
"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me," Dacre said with a laugh. Alyx laughed with him.
"Yes, you stupid idiot. I've been waiting for you to ask me something like that," Alyx said while tackling Dacre into the sand.
"Does that mean you're my girlfriend?" Dacre said up to Alyx who was above his face. Alyx bent down and pecked his lips with hers. "Yes," she said with a smile before sitting back up.
"Hey! You can't do that!" Dacre said before leaning in to kiss Alyx for real this time. She closed her eyes and let it happen. The two connected lips, and let each other fall. They both had never felt this way about someone before. Dacre couldn't believe he was kissing this beautiful girl in front of him. Alyx never understood how two people could be so attracted to each other, until now.
They broke apart and continued to laugh and talk, like always.  Finally, they stood back up and walked back towards the street. Hand in hand, just like before. But now, they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

NOTE:
This was CRINGE, but I also think it's kinda cute. I've also noticed that the people reading this are no longer silent so HI THANKS! It's Sunday and I went on a run this morning and it was 100 degrees out. I died. ⭐️