Chapter 4

I'm getting addicted to you
I'm getting addicted oh baby
......Jealous by Fireboy

Catherine
5:00PM

Maybe dating Dike was not a bad idea but she still felt empty like she wasn't doing the right thing, she realized she wasn't in love with Dike, she still thought of him....George.

He was in her mind every second and she felt bad for making poor Dike believe she loved him or maybe she was a bit attracted to him. Its being three weeks she said yes to him and he hadn't given her any reasons to doubt him, he was sweet, always texting her, taking her home and buying her stuffs, he let's her win arguments and have her way.

She was at the counter watching her staffs and customers,she had really worked so hard and breakfast to breakfast was now recognized but she knew she had to put more efforts, the restaurant was ranked 2nd best in the state just following Deja vu's restaurant, a rival company, she had gone there a few times to check out how things were done.

Catherine's eyes were fixed on the door and just then Tosin and Vera walked in, they were both rocking  the same blue Jean trouser with a packet shirt while Tosin  was dark skinned, thin with full lashes, Vera was light skinned, neither thin or fat and her lips were to die for.  Catherine always wondered  how Tosin was still in shape despite all the food she ate, she was wearing a white sandal unlike Vera that wore an high heel, they both looked happy and sometimes Catherine felt like a third wheel in their friendship.

"Aunty Catherine with the money" Tosin sang and plopped on one of the chairs, Catherine noticed that Tosin was probably a tomboy while growing up after all she once dealt with a boy in school, she was just free and funny too.

"Aunty Catherine with the cash" Vera added and Catherine wondered why they were singing.

"See girls, you guys are going to pay for anything you are taking here, I'm not going to go bankrupt because I have two friends with Gp  tanks in their stomachs" Catherine said feigning anger.

"I'm hurt" Tosin held her hand over her chest. "But that doesn't mean I'm not going to eat" she said and dug into the meal of pounded yam and egusi soup. Vera was too busy molding balls of  the pounded yam to even notice that Catherine was glaring at them.

After they had finished eating, they sat to discuss.

"So you finally gave him a chance?" Vera smiled while clapping like a market woman.

"No wonder she's just fresh like this, his taking care of you my dear" Tosin teased.

"Please guys, let me be" Catherine whined

"Very soon our little Catherine will get married"  Vera said wiping a fake tear from her eyes.

"Yes honey and then she will give us beautiful godchildren, I can't wait to be a godmother" Tosin added.

"Shut up guys, who told you I'm getting married to him?" Catherine asked them.

Just then a message popped up on her screen, it was from Dike

Hey honey, I'm coming over with a friend
PS....we want suya and ice cream

"Dike is coming over with a friend" Catherine told Vera and Tosin
They both nodded.

"I forgot to tell you about my boss Vera" Tosin began

"Tell me about him" Vera replied with an interested voice,her eyes were lit up with curiosity.

"Gosh that guy is cute, sorry I mean handsome, tall and his the son of the CEO" Tosin trailed off

"What's the name of that your company?" Vera asked clicking her fingers to remember

"Empire Kish" Tosin replied and that made Catherine jerk

"Sorry come again?" Catherine said

"Empire Kish,my company is just a  branch though"Tosin explained

"What's the name of your boss?"Catherine asked interest clearly written over her

"I thought you were not interested in my boss or don't you have Dike already" Tosin asked teasing her.

"Tosin I'm serious, what's his name?" Catherine asked again

Just then the transparent door at the entrance slide open and the three ladies paused their conversation, Dike came in first and then followed by someone else, Catherine waited till the guy closed the door and then she froze when she saw him.

"Talk about the devil and he appears" Tosin giggled in a singsong voice.

"Uh lala, mama mi,why you didn't you warn me about this kind of hotness?"  Vera drawled as the duo approached  their table.

All this while, Catherine was speechless, frozen and too numb to say a word.

****

Chapter four guys
Let's show some love by tapping that beautiful star

Any favourite character so far?
Is the story moving too fast?

Lemme know!