Chapter 14

Catherine

All she wanted was a cool place to take a drink and watch people and the mall was just perfect. With a drink on her table,she found a corner where she could seat all on her own. The mall was busy,people coming in and going out.

Couples with kids always caught her attention,the colourful beads on the girls,tiny dresses and beautiful smiles. Her heart flattered at their smiles, God knows how much she loved kids.

She took a sip from her drink and watched more groups of people,a teenage couple couldn't stop grinning at their own table,they looked happy and reminded her a lot of George.

Just when she thought of him,she could see him at the counter placing his order,his eyes roamed around for a while and fell on her but he quickly took his eyes off

Was he avoiding her?

Catherine sucked in her breath sharply,she knew she was rude when she brushed him off but she didn't expect him to be so angry. She resolved within her to speak to him.

She left her seat at the end of the restaurant and went after him. He was already moving out as if in a hurry when Catherine stopped him.

"Hi"

He looked guilty and tensed.

"Hey Cath"He responded casually.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"she asked.

"I'm actually in a hurry, honestly...."

"Please"She had those puppy eyes on and she hoped he wouldn't resist.

"Okay" He huffed in defeat and trailed behind her. He sat opposite her and when he declined taking anything,she cleared her throat.

"George I know I acted rudely back in my house and am really sorry, look it's complicated and in as much as ...." She huffed again

"I just wanted to say thank you and am not really sorry"

George shook his head in amusement.

"There's only one way you can thank me better" he had a sinster smile on his face.

"What?"

"Go on a date with me"He looked more intently at her trying to decipher what she was thinking.

"You know I can't,you are already in a relationship and I can't say for myself"She had a sad smile on her face this time

"You broke up with Dike?"

"Kinda"She replied but his eyebrows were furrowed in confusion.

"I broke up with him but he doesn't want it"Catherine explained.

"Am so sorry "George whispered.

"I promise,the date is going to be a friendly one"

Catherine scoffed,who wanted a friendly date?But she just nodded instead.

"So Friday by 5pm, I'll call you"

"How did you get my number?"Catherine asked him,though she wasn't really surprised.

George let out a nervous laugh
"Let's just say a little birdie told me"

"By the little birdie,you mean Natasha right?"

Catherine watched as he swallowed and ran his hand over his hair. The way he kept his face,made Catherine laugh.

"I think I'll be heading back to my restaurant,what about you?"Catherine asked him

"Same here,work awaits me at the office"

The both stood up simultaneously,with Catherine leading the way,they walked out of the mall, talking about random things until her phone pinged indicating a message.

Catherine hissed in anger after reading the text but George noticed it.

"It's everything ok?"He enquired. He was holding some nylon that contained some things he bought for Catherine

"Yeah,am good"She gave him a small smile to convince him.

They both walked to where their cars were packed and George made a move and engulfed her in a hug

"Would you ever forgive me for everything?"He whispered softly close to her ears

"I don't know"She released herself from the hug and hopped into her car and drove off forgetting to even collect the nylons from George.

***
George

Seeing Catherine made him regret ever kissing Melody and keeping her in the dark for the years he was away.

Seeing Melody in his apartment made him more remorseful,he had given her more leverage to operate.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her. She was wearing just a sports bra and bum shorts, walking around with her hair all over.

"What do you mean by what are you doing here,I came to spend time with my man"She made it clear and sent a wink at him.

"Melody am sorry but you know yesterday was a mistake"

"Mistake? You are funny. Yesterday was divine,damn George you are a good kisser"She had a large grin on her face

"Maybe we can take it further today"She winked again and went to the kitchen to bring hot bowls of food.

"Melody I might have led you on but am sorry,I really do love Catherine"George said and Melody only rolled her eyes at him

"Sometimes you behave dumb, Catherine is done with you, she's over you,focus on things right before you"She walked seductively and trailed her hands over his chest, drawing lines and watching the way he reacted to her touch.

"Melody,you have to leave"He said in a rigid voice.

"To where?Anyway just in case you don't know we are getting married sooner than you think and you'll be all mine,so get use to me"She smiled and sat at the table leaving George to his thought.

As George had his bath,his thoughts kept wandering around Catherine,was she really over him?

The best news he had was the fact she was no longer dating Dike,he would try his best and avoid Melody too. That girl was just a temptress.