Chapter 15

Melody

Melody barged into George's office not caring if he was busy or his stupid secretary was trying to hold her back

"Zara,its ok,I can take handle it from here"He told her and she  watched as Zara retreated.

"George did you or did you not go out on a date with Catherine yesterday?"Melody asked her voice depicting she was in no mood for long talks.

"And why are you asking such question?"He asked her instead.

"I require an answer to my question"

"Wait,are you trying to control me or something? in fact how in the world did you know I went out on a date yesterday?"George was totally pissed off but that was the least of Melody's problem.

"You keep on disgracing me,we are engaged and you are not supposed to be seen with that girl"Melody yelled.

"Point of correction,I didn't engage myself to you,my dad did.
Who I go out with is totally not your business. And please stop stalking me,I am not a child"

Melody had a menacing smile on her face this time.

"I warned you before and am warning you again. It's me or no one else"

She left without any other word.

**
Melody drove crazily to Catherine's restaurant, breakfast to breakfast

"Bland name"She murmured.

She walked into the place and requested for Catherine,of course,they all knew who she was so in no time,she was ushered into Catherine's office.

"Welcome Melody, it's a pleasure seeing you"

"I can't say same about you"Melody told Catherine.

They were already seated in the small office and Melody sized up everything with her eyes, nothing really expensive.

Catherine ignored her comment and rather smiled.

"So what brings you here?"Catherine asked instead. She was dressed in the most casual clothes Melody's have ever seen. Melody also sized Catherine up. She looked at her intently trying to see what George saw in her.

"If you are going to be looking at me all day, I'll advise you take a picture but am currently busy"Catherine snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Cocky much"She said under her breath.
"Stay away from George for your own good. I came here by myself to warn you. His my man and we are getting married so do me a favour by being decent. Any game you are trying to play will only backfire. I don't bluff Catherine,you wouldn't want to take my words lightly"

Catherine chuckled a bit and shook her head.

"So you wasted your fuel and your time only to come here and vomit this trash. George is your man good and fine but If you trust him well enough,you shouldn't be here saying all these"

"You seem to be relaxed right?"Melody asked with disdain.

"Of course,am in my office after all"Catherine replied with a smug face

"You don't know what will hit you and it will hit you very hard"

The two women locked gazes, Catherine was unfazed at all at her threat and looks,while Melody looked like she would explode.

She rose to her feet and without any more word, she left the office.

***
The whole place smelt damp and it made Melody sick to her stomach,what was she expecting?

It was a ghetto for a reason,the gutters were over filled and it was so stagnant and had a foul smell.

Next was the huge refuse dump where some children were emptying their bowels without a care in the world.

Some people sat in front of the poorly built houses covered with dirty curtains. A particular group of guys were smoking and some girls at the corner chatted away while listening to Beamer by Rema.

The whole place smelt dirty and dangerous. Melody resisted the urge to throw up when she saw a young toddler covered with ringworm and stool on his buttocks,his mother,a woman Melody's assumed to be the one cooking in front of her house probably did not notice the mess her son had made.

Melody cringed as she saw more and more things, she couldn't believe that people lived and survived in such conditions. After parking her car and paying a group of boys to watch over it,she tried locating the house where she was directed to.

People kept glancing at her,she couldn't blame them, her skin looked different and she was dressed in a black Versace shirt and trouser to go. Everything about her screamed different.

Melody finally located the house and knocked once before she was ushered in.

"Am glad you were able to make it"The woman sitting on her bed said. The room was in a state of disarray. Clothes all over,bottles of different alcohol at one corner,half smoked cigarette and just filth.

"Yes,I really want you to take her out of the way. She has hurt you before and she deserves to be punished. We are in this together"
Melody brought out a huge bundle of money from her bag and handed it over to the woman.

"I'll surely do the job"The woman assured her.

"Of course you will,I trust you"

"I don't have anything to offer you,mind taking a cigarette?"The woman offered. She had a stick of cigarette already between her lips.

"No,I don't smoke"

The woman only grinned and lit the cigarette before puffing the smoke in to the air,then two more intakes and she had the smoke going through her nose.

"Catherine does not know what is about to hit her"The woman said which made Melody grin.

***
Who is this mysterious person?
I don't know too 😭😭😏

Common guys,it's just a tap and the star will glow,hit that orange star for me and make me happy 😉